School Nurse (Immediate Start SY 21-22)
Uncommon Schools, Troy NY, US
See jobs at Uncommon Schools
- Support Covid-19 screening, quarantining, tracking of data
- Perform hearing, vision and other health screenings
- Treat students and staff as needed
- Develop care plans for students with ongoing conditions
- Consult with teachers, school administrators and other school staff regarding student care
- Administer medication
- Monitor student immunization records
- Educate students and staff on health procedures
- Help students who have feeding disabilities
- NYS Fingerprint Clearance
- Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Knowledge of many areas of health including mental health
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- BLS/CPR certification
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of school laws and policies a plus
Uncommon Schools offer salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
About Uncommon Schools
Uncommon Schools starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college At Uncommon Schools, our classrooms are named after colleges because that’s where our students are headed. We are a nonprofit network of public charter schools in New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our 53 college-prep schools consistently rank among the highest-performing in their home states for three reasons:
We know all students have what it takes to go to college. We are fiercely committed to cultivating the intellectual curiosity and grit that will spur their success in the classroom and in their communities. We create and constantly fine-tune our systems to help teachers teach and students learn. We know that without great teachers and leaders, nothing else matters. We also know there’s no limit to learning. That’s why people development is at our core.
Want to learn more about Uncommon Schools? Visit Uncommon Schools's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.