Sales Intern - Summer 2019 (Paid)
Uncubed, New York City
Connecting digital talent with innovative companies.
The future of work has changed. Companies like Google and Facebook have redefined the way that employees and job seekers think about work, company culture, and what they want in their careers and lives. Work is becoming more enjoyable. More meaningful. More human.
Uncubed is the leading website for job seekers to discover these innovative companies and careers. To learn about the skills they’ll need to succeed in the digital economy. And to get hired by startups and innovative Fortune 500 companies like BuzzFeed, IBM, Amazon, Peloton, C3, Intersection, Letgo, and more.
We’re seeking an intern who wants to learn (or learn more) about sales, gain exposure to the tech industry, and work in a startup environment. Whether you've worked or interned on a sales team before, or you've sold candy, lemonade, or ice cream on your own, ideal candidates will have a passion for identifying potential customers, understanding their needs, and reaching out to let them know how Uncubed can be a valuable resource for them.
During this internship, you will assist with + learn how to:
- Identify new customers and business opportunities through research and outreach (this could be online, through email, over the phone, or in person)
- Manage new business pipelines from the first step (discovery and outreach) to the last step (closing the sale) with extreme organization and attention to detail
- Tailor proposals to prospective customers based upon their specific needs
- Communicate the value of Uncubed's products and offerings to people who may not yet know what we do
Our most successful Sales Interns have had:
- A flexible, up-for-anything attitude
- A strong understanding of, and belief in, Uncubed’s mission and value proposition
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- A positive attitude and resourceful approach to challenges
- A deep value for client relationships and understanding that customers are the lifeblood of any business
- Paid (also available for academic credit)
- You will learn a lot + directly impact the growth of a business
- Have input in company and project decisions (how many internships offer that?!)
- Access to a huge network of startups, tech companies, and entrepreneurs
- Energetic yet laid back environment. If there’s a Spotify playlist for it, we’ve probably played it too often and too loud.
- Casual dress code (unless a meeting requires otherwise)
- Meaningful work (again, how many internships offer that?!)
- Free access to any/all of our events. Obviously.
- Stipend for relevant events that other companies might host during your internship
- Career advisement. In this internship and beyond, we want to see you succeed.
*** Please note: We do our best to respond to every application that we receive, unfortunately there are times when the volume exceeds our staff’s resources. As a member of the Uncubed community, we hope that you appreciate how much time we dedicate to bringing you the latest jobs, content, companies, events, and beyond to make your career more exciting and meaningful. The bittersweet result is that time only allows us to respond to candidates advancing to the next round of our application process. If you don’t get a response, please know that we reviewed your application but, for one reason or another, didn’t feel it was a good fit. If that’s the case, we apologize for the silence but hope you can still find that right fit through our website, job board, and resources.
Uncubed connects forward thinking folks with a new generation of companies, their fulfilling jobs, and the digital skills they're built on. We make content, put on one hell of a startup careers conference series, and offer skills classes that do not bore.
Be a Better Uncubed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Uncubed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Uncubed? Visit Uncubed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Advisor (Part-Time), Warby Parker Map Room
Warby Parker, Newport Beach, CA
Sales Operations Analyst
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
JOOR, Paris, France
Customer Account Executive
Flexport, Atlanta, GA
Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Pinterest, Toronto, CA