Tech Recruiting / Talent Acquisition Intern - Fall 2018 (Paid)
Uncubed, New York, NY
Connecting Cool People to Cool Companies.
The future of work has changed. Companies like Google and Facebook have redefined the way that job seekers think about office culture, and about what they want in their careers and lives. Work is becoming more enjoyable. More meaningful. More human.
Uncubed is the leading platform for college students and career transitioners to discover these companies and careers. To learn the skills they’ll need to succeed in the digital economy. And to get hired by the startups and innovative Fortune 100 companies that we work with.
We work with tens of thousands of students each year, nearly 200 colleges, and cutting-edge companies like Dropbox, BuzzFeed, SpaceX, IBM Watson, and Oscar Health.
We’re seeking a Recruiting / Talent Acquisition Intern who is passionate about matching technical job seekers (computer science and engineering candidates) with jobs they will love.
In this role, you will assist with + learn to:
- Build successful, high-volume tech recruiting programs
- Market recruiting programs and open roles to relevant colleges, academic departments, and student organizations
- Build relationships with university staff, faculty, and students
- Discover and develop new forms of college recruiting beyond on-campus career fairs and career services
- Review candidate applications and resumes
- Advance qualified candidates through the hiring process
- Embed yourself in the hiring processes of startups and Fortune 100 companies
- Transform the way that job seekers learn about, apply to, and get hired by employers
- Paid (also available for academic credit)
- You will learn a lot + directly impact the growth of a business.
- Have input in company and program decisions. (How many internships offer that?!)
- Access to a huge network of startups, entrepreneurs, and equally ambitious student leaders across the country.
- Energetic yet laid back environment. If there’s a Spotify or Google Play Music radio station for it, we’ve probably played it too often and too loud.
- Casual dress code
- Meaningful work (Again, how many internships offer that?!)
- Free access to any/all of our events. Obviously.
- Stipend for relevant Meetups
- Career advisement. In this internship and beyond, we want to see you succeed.
- Confirm that you have an Uncubed account and are subscribed to our editorial.
- Include the following in an email to Brian Shoicket at [email protected]:
- Updated resume in PDF format
- Why do you want to intern with Uncubed?
How did you discover your interest in recruiting?
What is one app you can’t live without?
(NOTE: Do research what we do and who we are before you reach out. Do write a cover letter. And, by golly, do subscribe to our daily email before you talk to us – we will quiz you.)
** Please note: We do our best to respond to every application we receive, unfortunately there are times when the volume exceeds our staff’s resources. As an Uncubed supporter, we hope that you appreciate how much time we dedicate to bringing you the latest content, companies, events, and beyond to make your career more exciting and meaningful. The bittersweet result is that time only allows us to respond to candidates advancing to the next round of our application process. If you don’t get a response, please know that we reviewed your application but, for one reason or another, didn’t feel it was a good fit. If that’s the case, we apologize for the silence but hope you can still find that right fit through our resources.
Uncubed connects forward thinking folks with a new generation of companies, their fulfilling jobs, and the digital skills they're built on. We make content, put on one hell of a startup careers conference series, and offer skills classes that do not bore.
Be a Better Uncubed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Uncubed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Uncubed? Visit Uncubed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Specials Teacher (2018-2019)
Alpha Public Schools, Alpha: Cornerstone
Technical Recruiting Manager
Slack, San Francisco
Director of Talent
Product Design Program Manager
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Senior Platform Architect, Tokyo
Pivotal Software, Tokyo
Platform Architect (PCF)
Pivotal Software, Anywhere in Netherlands