University Programs Intern - Fall 2018 (Paid)
Uncubed, New York, NY
Connecting digital talent with innovative companies.
There is a massive gap between education and innovation. Especially for college students interested in startups and entrepreneurship.
That’s why we need you.
Uncubed provides the skills, insights, and opportunities for college students to succeed in a world powered by innovation. We work with thousands of students each year, 100+ colleges, and cutting-edge companies like Dropbox, BuzzFeed, SpaceX, IBM Watson, and Oscar Health.
Active member of the Uncubed community. (Or you will be before applying.)
You binge through the videos on Uncubed like you're watching Netflix. You read our editorial the second it hits your inbox. You’ve attended an Uncubed event... or have a really good reason for why you haven’t! Perhaps you’ve even applied for programs like our Cognitive Computing Odyssey or Startup Odyssey?
Live and breathe startups, entrepreneurship, and new technology.
… or you really want to by the end of this internship. Don’t worry, we’ll catch you up.
- Realize that education needs to change. And you want to help change it.
The Skills You’ll Strengthen:
- Account Management
- Business Development
- Marketing & Advertising
- Project Planning & Management
- Customer Support
- Event Planning
- Assist in the growth of programs that are helping college students change the world – like the Startup Odyssey, Education Uncubed, and Uncubed.com
- Manage relationships with university staff, student leaders, and alumni clubs to ensure open lines of communication, awareness of upcoming programs, and receipt of marketing materials + any post-program deliverables
- Assist with content development and program logistics
- Identify, contact, and onboard new university partners, clients, and non-university sponsors
- Provide customer support to program participants
- Develop sales pitches and sponsorship proposals
- Paid. Also available for academic credit.
- You will learn a lot + directly impact the growth of a business.
- Have input in company and program decisions. (How many internships offer that?!)
- Access to a huge network of startups, entrepreneurs, and equally ambitious student leaders across the country.
- Energetic yet laid back environment. If there’s a Songza, Spotify, or Google Play Music radio station for it, we’ve probably played it too often and too loud.
- Casual dress code
- Meaningful work (Again, how many internships offer that?!)
- Free access to any/all of our events. Obviously.
- Stipend for relevant Meetups
- Career advisement. In this internship and beyond, we want to see you succeed.
- Confirm that you have an Uncubed.com account and are subscribed to our editorial.
Include the following in an email to Brian Shoicket at [email protected]:
- Updated resume in PDF format (attached)
- Why do you want to intern with Uncubed?
- What is your favorite Uncubed.com video, and why?
- What is one app you can’t live without?
(NOTE: Do research what we do and who we are before you reach out. Do write a cover letter. And, by golly, do subscribe to our daily email before you talk to us – we will quiz you.)
** Please note: We do our best to respond to every application we receive, unfortunately there are times when the volume exceeds our staff’s resources. As an Uncubed supporter, we hope that you appreciate how much time we dedicate to bringing you the latest content, companies, events, and beyond to make your career more exciting and meaningful. The bittersweet result is that time only allows us to respond to candidates advancing to the next round of our application process. If you don’t get a response, please know that we reviewed your application but, for one reason or another, didn’t feel it was a good fit. If that’s the case, we apologize for the silence but hope you can still find that right fit through our resources.
Uncubed connects forward thinking folks with a new generation of companies, their fulfilling jobs, and the digital skills they're built on. We make content, put on one hell of a startup careers conference series, and offer skills classes that do not bore.
Be a Better Uncubed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Uncubed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Uncubed? Visit Uncubed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate User Acquisition Manager, Social
Headspace, Santa Monica
Product Marketing Manager
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Blue State Digital, OAK
Senior Partner Marketing Manager
Contentful, San Francisco
Sales Development Representative
StoryBlocks, Arlington, VA
USA Growth Manager
DICE, Los Angeles, CA USA