Content Writing Intern - Spring 2018
Updater, New York, NY
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US.
Do you always have a pen on hand? Have you written for a school newspaper, literary magazine, or a professional news or entertainment site? Are you a graduate student or freelancer looking for a contract writing opportunity? Do you love a good Oxford Comma? Great – this may be the writing and research gig for you.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC and the leader in revolutionizing how Americans move from one home to another, the Updater team gets pretty busy. We need a brilliant part-time or full-time writer to help our Content Marketing Manager churn out blog posts, client testimonials, copy for infographics, and investigate the next hot topics in the moving industry. This position is an excellent opportunity for any college/MFA student or freelancer looking to gain experience with a powerhouse marketing and content team.
As our Content Intern, you’ll regularly come up with a list of topics relevant to the relocation industry and write blog posts assigned (and ultimately edited!) by our Content Marketing Manager. On a typical day, you'll be doing anything and everything from assisting with blog posts and basic website updates (some HTML knowledge required) to working on SEO implementation. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a side project of your choosing and own its execution from start to finish.
- Create and maintain an ongoing list of relevant relocation industry topics
- Write at least 2-3 blog posts weekly for the Updater blog – with your own author bio and headshot!
- Craft copy for Updater's social media accounts
- Write email copy for our sales and success teams to use
- Share new ideas to improve existing processes and actively seek solutions to our biggest pain points
- You’re a rising junior, senior or grad student looking for a hands-on writing gig with an innovative startup
- You have at least a working knowledge of Squarespace
- You have impeccable grammar and believe in the power of a well-placed Oxford Comma
- You're interested in learning about SEO
- You’re extremely detail- and goal-oriented
- You like working on a fast-paced, friendly team!
- You’ve moved at least once in your life and dream of a world where moving doesn’t suck
- You can work from our HQ in Union Square
A month at Updater might include:
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Dogs in the office!
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with other teams at Updater
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
- This is a paid internship
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to property management companies and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save their clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Want to learn more about Updater? Visit Updater's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Operations Specialist, Digital Production Assets and Delivery
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Project Manager/ CMS Publisher
The Players' Tribune, London
Freelance Video Editor / Videographer
Hypebeast, Los Angeles
Hypebeast, Hong Kong
Manager, Swish Appeal (Women's basketball)
Vox Media, Remote
Social Media Coordinator
Hypebeast, Hong Kong