ABOUT THE GIG
- You will lead, manage, and grow a technical team including SREs, data platform engineers, DBAs, and security team through strong technical and people leadership.
- You will lead engineering operations, focused on ensuring performance, availability, reliability and security of the Upside Platform.
- You will manage critical production environments using software development techniques and practices including configuration as code, automation, code reviews, configuration management, Objectives and Key Results (OKR’s), and weekly iterations/sprints.
- You will own all processes, tools, and resources required to support high availability, cloud based, big data platforms.
- You will develop collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners across the company, including Product, Data Science, Finance, Legal and Operations to mitigate operational risk across all systems, while delivering world-class experiences and meeting business objectives.
- You will cultivate a modern DevOps culture and mindset throughout Upside’s engineering teams and establish performance metrics and processes to improve velocity and deliverability.
- You will own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of our cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- You will provide expert counsel and guidance to senior management on information and operational security and its impact across business strategy, programs, products and operations.
- You have a B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- You have demonstrated strong leadership, organization skills and people management skills, with at least 5 years of management experience.
- You have 3+ years of production AWS experience, including but not limited to EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, Auto Scale, ELB and AWS security best practices.
- You have 3+ years of hands on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- You have strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep understanding of how to develop relevant metrics that not only track activity but also quantify the impact of operational initiatives on the financial, growth, and performance of the business.
- You have strong technology skills to triage and provide solution and direction to the Operations team.
- You have experience with container stacks and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, ECS, etc), Infrastructure as a Code frameworks such as Terraform, CI/CD tools and production code deployments and Microservices architectures.
- You have experience with and excellent understanding of PCI DSS.
- You have strong vendor management and operations skills.
- You have startup experience!
You deserve a better business trip. Upside is building a world-class team passionate about creating a product that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. This is no ordinary startup. We’ve already brought on some of the most passionate, intelligent and seasoned founding team members on the planet. Our founders started websites you’ve been using for years and are some of the most connected deal-makers in business. We are ambitious, well-funded and plan to change a $1 trillion global industry. If you're looking for challenging work that demands real thinking, bold action and big-time responsibility, then check out our available positions.