Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Upside, Washington, DC
Finally, there's an Upside to business travel
- You have extensive experience in AWS (preferred) or another equivalent public cloud; ideally automating resources with code.
- You have developed and improved test automation frameworks and utilized techniques to speed up the tests.
- You have implemented CI/CD pipelines to build and deliver containerized applications.
- You have built out a modern scalable architecture and use best practices to do so.
- You have experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- You write maintainable well-architected code and will help guide others to do the same.
- You enjoy learning about the latest tools and trends in the DevOps space.
- You are always looking for ways to help improve engineers’ lives and system reliability.
- You are a team-player that enjoys sharing what you learn with others and receiving the same in return.
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. Prior startup experience is a huge plus!
- You have a great attitude and can adapt to change. You stay calm, poised and maintain your great sense of humor even in the face of big challenges.
ABOUT THE GIG
- You will work with bleeding-edge technology; using Docker on Kubernetes in AWS to deploy 200+ microservices across multiple environments.
- You will build and maintain a global cloud infrastructure on AWS to support a growing target market.
- You will use Terraform and immutability best-practices to build upon a highly-available and resilient infrastructure.
- You will implement and enhance test automation frameworks and integrate these into sophisticated continuous deployment pipelines.
- You will work with Data Science and Data Engineering teams to build out data pipeline automation.
- You will work with Product Engineering teams to support the development of automated test pipelines.
- You will build out system health monitoring and help expose useful data across the organization.
- Work directly with our Engineering Teams and Engineering Leadership to design, implement, and deploy critical software systems that will turn business travel from mundane to magical.
You deserve a better business trip. Upside is building a world-class team passionate about creating a product that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. This is no ordinary startup. We’ve already brought on some of the most passionate, intelligent and seasoned founding team members on the planet. Our founders started websites you’ve been using for years and are some of the most connected deal-makers in business. We are ambitious, well-funded and plan to change a $1 trillion global industry. If you're looking for challenging work that demands real thinking, bold action and big-time responsibility, then check out our available positions.