Full Stack Engineer
Finally, there's an Upside to business travel
- You are a Node.JS enthusiast, eager to build commercial applications with ES6.
- You know the difference between unit and integration tests and why each type is important.
- You’ve built highly scalable products that involve some, or all of the following components: fault-tolerance, high availability, e-commerce and distributed microservices.
- You get easily excited about Continuous Delivery. You know your testing tools and are comfortable with platforms like Docker, CircleCI, and Artifactory.
- You know the modern technical stack from the network up and are incredibly grateful that you can programmatically control all of it thanks to AWS or Azure or Google.
- You have a deep respect for the challenges associated with operating a large-scale system in product, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding.
- You sleep soundly knowing that your infrastructure has been designed and implemented to be scalable and robust with the entire engineering team involved in DevOps. You’ve been woken up in the middle of the night when it hasn’t been that way.
- You have 1-5 years of relevant experience and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. Prior startup experience is a huge plus!
- You enjoy creating unconventional solutions to the most challenging requirements.
- You understand that great Engineering teams are built upon relationships, just as much as they are built on awesome code.
ABOUT THE GIG
- Work directly with our Engineering Teams to design, implement, and deploy critical software systems that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. The critical path to success is to write code that can access multiple APIs in parallel with extremely low latency and store them in a massive data cluster. And do that a few billion times a day.
- Work in cross-functional teams with Product, UX, Quality Engineering, and business experts to participate in feature design and create the next generation of business travel.
You deserve a better business trip. Upside is building a world-class team passionate about creating a product that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. This is no ordinary startup. We’ve already brought on some of the most passionate, intelligent and seasoned founding team members on the planet. Our founders started websites you’ve been using for years and are some of the most connected deal-makers in business. We are ambitious, well-funded and plan to change a $1 trillion global industry. If you're looking for challenging work that demands real thinking, bold action and big-time responsibility, then check out our available positions.
Want to learn more about Upside? Visit Upside's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange