- You are a Node.JS enthusiast, eager to build commercial applications with ES6.
- You have years of experience with Angular, React, and/or Vue and have a strong opinion on state in the frontend.
- You have a strong understanding of Microservices and how they are modeled; you have practical experience with technologies like Messaging Buses (eg Kafka, NATS), Protocol Buffers, and Clustering.
- You get easily excited about Continuous Delivery. You know your testing tools and are comfortable with platforms like Docker, CircleCI, and Artifactory.
- You know the modern technical stack from the network up and are incredibly grateful that you can programmatically control all of it thanks to AWS or Azure or Google.
- You have a deep respect for the challenges associated with operating a large-scale system in production, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding.
- You have 4-8 years of relevant experience and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. Prior startup experience is a huge plus!
- You’ve built highly scalable products that involve some, or all, of the following components: fault-tolerance, high availability, e-commerce and distributed microservices.
- You enjoy creating unconventional solutions to the most challenging requirements.
- You keep up with the latest industry trends and aren’t afraid to write code to learn new tech.
- You understand that great Engineering teams are built upon relationships, just as much as they are built on awesome code.
ABOUT THE GIG
- Work directly with our President and Engineering Team Leadership in our Washington, DC HQ to design, implement, and deploy critical software systems that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. The critical path to success is to write code that can access multiple APIs in parallel with extremely low latency and store them in a massive data cluster. And do that a few billion times a day.
You deserve a better business trip. Upside is building a world-class team passionate about creating a product that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. This is no ordinary startup. We’ve already brought on some of the most passionate, intelligent and seasoned founding team members on the planet. Our founders started websites you’ve been using for years and are some of the most connected deal-makers in business. We are ambitious, well-funded and plan to change a $1 trillion global industry. If you're looking for challenging work that demands real thinking, bold action and big-time responsibility, then check out our available positions.
Want to learn more about Upside? Visit Upside's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Director, Product Marketing
Lucid, New York