What we do
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build a predictive analytics software platform that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our one of our product group teams, the Full Stack Engineer will work in a fast-paced environment with a group of over fifty software, service and sales professionals to create, enhance and support state of the art web and mobile applications for our customers. The work is a highly varied mix of application maintenance, new feature development, new product development and application deployment support. This position is focused on user interface development for our CAT dealer business application products, with contributions to our middle tier and back-end code.
You must be able to learn quickly and communicate with non-technical business contacts professionally with a strong English language capability, both oral and written.
- Focus on delighting our customers with expert results in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Quickly learn the business our applications support, and learn to communicate with our customers in their business language
- Learn the underlying technical architecture of our web applications, and be able to analyze change requests and the impacts of the changes to determine how to accomplish them
- Develop and maintain SQL Server 2008-2014 objects, especially complex stored procedures and functions
- Design and implement SQL tables, queries, stored procedures, views and scripts
- Conduct daily written and verbal interaction with the development team and with customers to interpret requirements, designing, defining and implementing solutions
- Perform deployment testing and troubleshoot issues with new deployments
- Maintain composure in critical situations and communicate well with management
- Communicate and build strong relationships with customers and technical team members
- Be a very strong team player who knows what has to be done and takes the initiative to ensure the success of the team and the customer
- After-hours availability will be required in tight deadline situations. Understands the need for extra effort and is willing and able to do what it takes to ensure success
This position will require after-hour and weekend availability occasionally
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with C# .Net
- Experience with SQL Server programming, including stored procedures and user defined functions
- Experience with SQL Server performance tuning and query optimization
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to operate individually and as part of a team; effectively set expectations, manage work and deliver results
- Maintain composure in critical situations and communicate well with management.
- Strong personal motivation to learn and apply new technologies to business problems.
- Strong C# .Net
- Strong TSQL proficiency
- Extensive knowledge of SQL internals
- Experience with Redgate SQL tools is an asset.
- Experience with .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, and are interested in joining the best engineering team in Mississauga, please provide your resume with a cover letter.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Did you know that as little as 1% of industrial data is being used today? With the rise of commoditized sensors, connected technology, massive storage capacity and growing processing power, every asset in every industry is capable of generating valuable data at incredible scale. This key information can answer the most critical questions across your operations and open the door to unprecedented business advantages. At Uptake, our purpose-built products ingest and analyze sensor and enterprise data, transforming it into actionable insights and immediate outcomes. Together with our customers, we drive real business value and set new standards for productive, secure, safe and reliable operations. We believe companies and people should love the technology they experience. We are field engineers, technologists and data scientists who deliver great software that is easy to use. Above statistic: McKinsey & Company
Want to learn more about Uptake? Visit Uptake's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA
Technical Lead Engineer
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
iOS Infrastructure Engineer
HealthTap, Palo Alto
Senior Data Scientist
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
PlayStation, San Diego, CA - Sorrento Valley
Reonomy, Flatiron, NYC (HQ)