What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As a Site Ops Engineer, you’d be tasked with monitoring critical network elements and engaging in proactive network systems monitoring and provide 24/7 operational monitoring and support to Uptake's network, systems, and assets. You are responsible for technical support and issue resolution that come into the SOC from customer and/or monitoring software. You'd use a wide variety of Ops tools and monitoring platforms to gain knowledge and understanding; to enable persistent monitoring of system availability, performance, and capacity.
- Support and perform maintenance across product and data environments/systems
- Proactively monitor events, investigate issues, analyze solutions, and drive problems through to resolution
- Maintain the Uptake's network environment; utilize all provided utilities, tools, and applications; ensure a high level of service availability
- Respond to network/system alarms; take appropriate action to classify, prioritize, and resolve network and system issues
- Provide critical service outage notification and escalate issues for timely resolution; notify escalation teams as appropriate
- Excellent understanding of Linux, Bash and Shell scripting
- Knowledge of and experience with network stack, protocols, network management and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of AWS technologies - EC2, S3
- Knowledge of the Apache Cloud Stack
- Experience with a distributed log tool such as Kafka
- Experience with automation tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Jenkins and/or Ansible
- Knowledge in Big Data (NoSQL) & standard enterprise databases - including data modeling, testing and deployment support. Proficiency in Cassandra, HBase, or PostgreSQL is strongly preferred.
- Experience with JVM and Java stack: Tomcat, Jetty
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Previous experience in a Network Operations Center, Site Operations Center, or Security Operations Center is preferred.
- 2nd shift: 4pm-1am
- 3rd shift: 12am-9am
- Cover letter
Did you know that as little as 1% of industrial data is being used today? With the rise of commoditized sensors, connected technology, massive storage capacity and growing processing power, every asset in every industry is capable of generating valuable data at incredible scale. This key information can answer the most critical questions across your operations and open the door to unprecedented business advantages. At Uptake, our purpose-built products ingest and analyze sensor and enterprise data, transforming it into actionable insights and immediate outcomes. Together with our customers, we drive real business value and set new standards for productive, secure, safe and reliable operations. We believe companies and people should love the technology they experience. We are field engineers, technologists and data scientists who deliver great software that is easy to use. Above statistic: McKinsey & Company
Want to learn more about Uptake? Visit Uptake's website.
Jobs You May Like
Elasticsearch - Java Engineer - Security
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Software Engineer, Front End
Rocket Lawyer, Saltillo, MX
Software Engineer, Frontend
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Mechanical Engineer - NCG (Alameda)