What We Do
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
The User Experience (UX) team defines and owns the end-user experience of Uptake’s products. Our Interaction Designers collaborate to understand the challenges our partners and end users face, and how Uptake’s products and technologies can solve them.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will be responsible for understanding target audience needs, product requirements, and business strategy in order to transform them into high-quality, user-centric interactive products. You will deeply understand content with the intent to create and improve user experiences, user processes and services delivered to the user. You will contribute to building a platform that supports workflows across multiple industry verticals and ensures our users capture the immense value from our solutions. Interaction Designers work collaboratively with other members of the UX team, as well as product, strategy and technology teams.
Some of the things you may find yourself doing:
- Working through the entire design process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping for screen-based experiences
- Delivering detailed, annotated wireframes and prototypes
- Revising and updating designs based on user and client feedback
- Creating a systematic design language to create cohesive user experiences
- Defining interaction standards for a branded UX platform in support of the Uptake Design System
- Focusing on consistency of UX patterns across the platform
- Communicating to cross functional teams and advocating for UX best practices
- Discussing and defending design decisions; articulating design rationale
- Making timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks of a project or task
- Managing multiple priorities, working through rapid iterations, and meeting deadlines in a collaborative environment
- Accurately assessing and estimating work
- Being flexible and cool under pressure with the ability to shift as priorities pivot
- Highly motivated and organized
- Naturally curious and willing to share work/findings
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Articulate and clear in communicating process and decisions
- BA degree in human computer interaction, other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years real-world experience working with cross-functional teams
- Minimum 2 years experience with mobile design
- Strong portfolio in product design
- Deep experience with product prototyping
- Eagerness to discuss and defend design decisions
- Demonstrated experience working within a user centered design process and transforming user findings to best-in-class user experiences
- Demonstrated command of UX principles of interaction design, especially around workflows, information hierarchy and data visualization
- Experience designing complex systems, web based applications and tools
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with prototyping software such as Axure, Sketch, and industry standard design tools
- Experience designing interactions for touch and mobile devices
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML
Resume, work samples and/or links to your work
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Did you know that as little as 1% of industrial data is being used today? With the rise of commoditized sensors, connected technology, massive storage capacity and growing processing power, every asset in every industry is capable of generating valuable data at incredible scale. This key information can answer the most critical questions across your operations and open the door to unprecedented business advantages. At Uptake, our purpose-built products ingest and analyze sensor and enterprise data, transforming it into actionable insights and immediate outcomes. Together with our customers, we drive real business value and set new standards for productive, secure, safe and reliable operations. We believe companies and people should love the technology they experience. We are field engineers, technologists and data scientists who deliver great software that is easy to use. Above statistic: McKinsey & Company