What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is an enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial-grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You Do:
Uptake is seeking a collaborative, detail-oriented self-starter to lead sales efforts for our products across APAC, from prospecting and qualification to closing deals. The ideal candidate will build relationships with operations managers and market influencers to establish and expand Uptake’s market-leading asset management product suite by bringing the Internet of Things (IoT) to enterprise customers. Deal sizes range from $100k to $8M+ and typically involve proofs of concept, multiple stakeholders, multi-faceted pricing negotiations, and selling to executive- and C-level individuals, as well as operations managers and technicians in the field.
You should be passionate about introducing a transformative new technology into the market. Ideal candidates should have a track record of over-achievement and be comfortable selling into all levels of an organization across technology and business lines.
- Plan and execute all aspects of a targeted sales program including end-to-end ownership of customer engagements
- Receive leads from our Inside Sales team while also generating your own prospects through strategic outbound prospecting
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key accounts and market influencers and manage communications with targeted accounts
- Build Uptake’s brand and market presence and be a role model of Uptake’s cultural principles (performance, pride, purpose, accountability, and clarity) as we scale across the world
- Gather market feedback to improve Uptake’s product suite and provide strategic guidance to Product, Technology, Industry, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Display stellar demo skills; both from a storytelling (day in the life of) and technical depth perspective
- Accountable for personal sales quotas based on corporate revenue goals
The successful candidate is passionate about data-driven problem solving — an independent thinker comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization. Someone who thrives in an environment directly in front of customers, as well as someone who enjoys working closely with Uptake engineers and data scientists on creating an insights- and outcomes-driven platform solution for our customers.
- 5+ years of experience in a full-cycle, closing sales role in enterprise software sales or operations management in mining and/or rail
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, and the ability to grasp new domains quickly
- Deep understanding of concepts and technologies behind big data and predictive analytics, especially in a mining operations management setting
- Ability to demonstrate products to a business and technical audience and articulate value and outcomes based on a technology solution
- Organized, highly motivated individual with excellent customer communication, sales and pre-sales capability, and presentation skills
- Some regional and international travel required
- Bachelor's degree
- Deep domain expertise in mining operations (and a basic understanding of rail operations) and/or IoT Platforms with a clear understanding of potential challenges faced across the value chain
- Firm grasp of key industry pain points in the mining industry and current market landscape
- Understanding of how data can be leveraged for analytics and predictive maintenance in industrial verticals
- A collaborative mindset and a track record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Did you know that as little as 1% of industrial data is being used today? With the rise of commoditized sensors, connected technology, massive storage capacity and growing processing power, every asset in every industry is capable of generating valuable data at incredible scale. This key information can answer the most critical questions across your operations and open the door to unprecedented business advantages. At Uptake, our purpose-built products ingest and analyze sensor and enterprise data, transforming it into actionable insights and immediate outcomes. Together with our customers, we drive real business value and set new standards for productive, secure, safe and reliable operations. We believe companies and people should love the technology they experience. We are field engineers, technologists and data scientists who deliver great software that is easy to use. Above statistic: McKinsey & Company
Want to learn more about Uptake? Visit Uptake's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.