What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate with different client stakeholders to gather use cases and technical requirements for projects including proof-of-value (POV) and pilots
- Execution of technical requirements and work in collaboration with project manager and other specialists to ensure project success
- Implementation, Configuration and Deployment of Solutions in Microsoft Azure and On-Premise Systems
- Establishing Connectivity with various on-premise and cloud endpoints. Some examples of endpoints may include:
- Operational systems: OSIsoft PI, Ignition, ClearSCADA; and
- Service provider’s cloud platforms: NOV MaxCloud, ABRA.
- Extraction of [instantaneous, historical and metadata] data from endpoint systems
- Modeling data to support specific application requirements or to comply with industry standards (e.g. Common Information Modelling, ISO14224, ProdDML, MIMOSA)
- Developing dashboards and reports in Azure Time Series Insights, PowerBI and other Microsoft Partner Platforms
- Participate on Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and User Acceptance Test (UAT) to verify and validate requirements
- Provide feedback to our Product Development Team on enhancements to make our deployment easier
- Prepare project reports, training materials and presentations for internal and external Stakeholders
- Support client workshops and webinars
- Provide technical leadership on projects
- Support sales and marketing specialists on responses for request for information (RFI), request for quotation (RFQ) or request for proposals (RFQ), and estimations
Subject Matter Expertise (SME) Development Tasks:
In addition to the above functional tasks, we are expecting the candidate to build a strong IIoT subject matter expert profile which includes:
- Maintain Microsoft Azure Certification(s)
- Remain abreast of the technology trends and frameworks in their area of experience and expertise
- Build a Subject Matter Expertise reputation on industry requirements associated with area of experience and expertise
- Assist on the development and refinement of tools (e.g. methodologies, frameworks and templates) required to deliver projects
- Collaborate with Peers and Partners, sharing knowledge and experiences
- Develop a professional network to build further credibility and opportunities
- Mentor and coaching other Cloud Engineers and Specialists
- An engineering degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or Industrial is preferred
- A proven breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with expertise in data platform solutions
- One or more years of hands-on experience with any major cloud provider: Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP; certification considered a highly desirable asset
- Two or more years of experience working in any industrial or manufacturing environment with experience using process historians (OSIsoft PI, Infoplus.21, Honeywell PHD, ClearSCADA, etc.)
- Three or more years of experience working in a client-facing role
- Experience designing and maintaining enterprise data platforms on cloud services (Power BI, Time Series Insights, etc.) is an asset
- Familiarity with industrial specifications such as Modbus, DNP3, PROFIBUS, OPC; and any IIoT specifications such as MQTT, AMQP, MIOTY, LORAWAN is an asset
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and techniques
Why Work Here:
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Did you know that as little as 1% of industrial data is being used today? With the rise of commoditized sensors, connected technology, massive storage capacity and growing processing power, every asset in every industry is capable of generating valuable data at incredible scale. This key information can answer the most critical questions across your operations and open the door to unprecedented business advantages. At Uptake, our purpose-built products ingest and analyze sensor and enterprise data, transforming it into actionable insights and immediate outcomes. Together with our customers, we drive real business value and set new standards for productive, secure, safe and reliable operations. We believe companies and people should love the technology they experience. We are field engineers, technologists and data scientists who deliver great software that is easy to use. Above statistic: McKinsey & Company
Want to learn more about Uptake? Visit Uptake's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.