What We Do:
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is an enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial-grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As Practice Director, Analytics Operationalization, you will be responsible for establishing a highly effective and efficient practice to support any required integration and operationalization of analytics including client-developed models and Uptake data science models.
In this role, you will be managing a team of analytics specialists and data scientists who will work with our account executive and pre-sales team on “qualified” opportunities across multiple industries, our professional services on projects and our products team on roadmap and enhancements. You will need to work with our VP of Application Delivery and other practice directors to build a highly effective and efficient team that can scale to support the demand for our products. This will involve vetting and working partners to augment our teams to serve our demand.
You will be accountable for the quality of service related to your practice across multiple projects, which will be reflected on our bookings, revenue, and margins. You need to ensure consistency in our delivery by establishing robust standards, guidelines, and tools to support sales, products, and projects. This requires a deep understanding of analytics development and operationalization from definition to architecture, delivery, and support.
In your role, you will need to also demonstrate great collaboration, leadership, and service delivery skills as you need to develop strong relationships and credibility with internal functions and customer teams. We are seeking an individual who is intellectually curious, has excellent communication and writing skills, and has a strong willingness to learn and apply knowledge creatively. Ultimately, this person is a self-driven individual who can lead and develop a consistent practice.
- Establish a community of practice to capture and expand knowledge and expertise on Analytics operationalization
- Develop onboarding tools for your practice, sales, and project delivery teams
- Responsible for resource skill development, planning, and coordination to ensure we are able to support Analytics operationalization demand from sales to projects
- Create sales qualification checklists, standards and guidelines for scoping definition, estimations, and project delivery
- Lead client communications and expectation setting on Analytics related scope and art of the possible with our products
- Able to translate business and technical requirements to various stakeholders
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional team engagements to ensure needs and expectations are translated accordingly to customer needs
- Work with pre-sales and account executive teams on RFI and RFP responses
- Work with our products and professional services team to define delivery strategies to help mature our products while delivering successful projects, this may involve third-party technologies that may fill the gaps of our products
- Work with our professional services to capture and develop best practices on project delivery and execution
- Document common requirements across multiple projects to help prioritize products enhancements
- Builds trusted relationships and are able to influence and collaborate across various functions, including sales, professional services, and products
- Escalate operational challenges to VP of Application Delivery
- Maintain cross-organizational alignment to accomplish program deliverables, vision, and objectives
- 7-10 years of experience in Analytics consulting, product, implementation, or other customer-focused role working with fortune 100 industrial companies
- Experience building high performing teams in a product-centric environment
- Demonstrated experience managing complex relationships and Analytics-related projects
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be hands-on and flexible
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning, leading, and execution of teams successfully
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- Expertise in Analytics Operationalization in a SaaS organization
- Prior technical and/or engineering related experience
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Did you know that as little as 1% of industrial data is being used today? With the rise of commoditized sensors, connected technology, massive storage capacity and growing processing power, every asset in every industry is capable of generating valuable data at incredible scale. This key information can answer the most critical questions across your operations and open the door to unprecedented business advantages. At Uptake, our purpose-built products ingest and analyze sensor and enterprise data, transforming it into actionable insights and immediate outcomes. Together with our customers, we drive real business value and set new standards for productive, secure, safe and reliable operations. We believe companies and people should love the technology they experience. We are field engineers, technologists and data scientists who deliver great software that is easy to use. Above statistic: McKinsey & Company
Want to learn more about Uptake? Visit Uptake's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos