What We Do
Uptake is an Industrial AI company with a unique collection of proven data science models, deep industry expertise and a comprehensive library of industrial asset data. Together, our products empower our clients with new knowledge that can rapidly improve business performance, optimize spending and reduce operational risk faster than any other industrial analytics company can deliver.
We make information more accessible and actionable in order to improve operations, augment human decision-making and drive rapid industrial-scale optimization.
What You’ll Do
The User Experience (UX) team defines and owns the end-user experience of Uptake’s products. Our Designers collaborate to understand the challenges our partners and end users face, and how Uptake’s products and technologies can solve them.
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for understanding target audience needs, product requirements, and business strategy in order to transform them into high-quality, user-centric interactive products. You deeply understand content with the intent to create and improve user experiences, user processes and services delivered to the user. You will contribute to building a platform that supports workflows across multiple industry verticals and ensures our users capture the immense value from our solutions. Designers work collaboratively with other members of the UX team, as well as product, strategy and technology teams.
Some of the things you may find yourself doing:
- Working through the entire design process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping for screen-based experiences
- Delivering detailed wireframes and prototypes
- Revising and updating designs based on user and client feedback
- Creating a systematic design language to create cohesive user experiences
- Defining interaction standards for a branded UX platform in support of the Uptake Design System
- Focusing on consistency of UX patterns across products
- Communicating to cross functional teams and advocating for UX best practices
- Discussing and defending design decisions; articulating design rationale
- Making timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks of a project or task
- Managing multiple priorities, working through rapid iterations, and meeting deadlines in a collaborative environment
- Accurately assessing and estimating work
- Being flexible with the ability to shift as priorities pivot
- Highly motivated and organized
- Comfortable and proficient working remotely
- Naturally curious and willing to share work/findings
- Excellent eye for aesthetics
- Interest in STEM-related topics
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Articulate and clear in communicating process and decisions
- BA degree in human computer interaction, graphic design, other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years real-world experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong portfolio in interactive design
- Deep experience with product prototyping
- Eagerness to discuss and defend design decisions
- Demonstrated experience working within a user-centered design process and transforming user findings to best-in-class user experiences
- Demonstrated command of UX principles of interaction design, especially around workflows, information hierarchy and data visualization
- Experience with conducting information-gathering workshops and usability testing
- Experience designing complex systems, web based applications and tools
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with prototyping software such as Adobe XD, Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience designing complex systems, web-based enterprise applications and tools
- Experience designing interactions for touch and mobile devices
- Experience designing responsive layouts
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary teams
- Basic understanding of CSS/HTML
Please include with your application:
Submit resume and portfolio/links to your work
Why Work Here:
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed, no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Did you know that as little as 1% of industrial data is being used today? With the rise of commoditized sensors, connected technology, massive storage capacity and growing processing power, every asset in every industry is capable of generating valuable data at incredible scale. This key information can answer the most critical questions across your operations and open the door to unprecedented business advantages. At Uptake, our purpose-built products ingest and analyze sensor and enterprise data, transforming it into actionable insights and immediate outcomes. Together with our customers, we drive real business value and set new standards for productive, secure, safe and reliable operations. We believe companies and people should love the technology they experience. We are field engineers, technologists and data scientists who deliver great software that is easy to use. Above statistic: McKinsey & Company
Want to learn more about Uptake? Visit Uptake's website.
See jobs at Bluecore