At Upthere we are developing the next-generation of personal storage – your entire digital life in one place, always accessible, and ready to share. As a member of our talented team, you will develop products that touch the lives of millions of people. Our engineers are proud of what they build and are passionate to tackle new problems as we push technology forward. We hire the best, operate with the freedom and innovation of a startup, and are backed by the resources, scale and stability of Western Digital – a Fortune 500 company.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate engineer to join our Backend Software team. You will design and implement new services and features of our core software that runs on a multitude of servers and handles massive amounts of network traffic and user data. This is a truly unique opportunity to learn what it takes to run a highly optimized distributed service infrastructure and scale world-wide across multiple data centers.
- Develop software that scales across thousands of machines and devices.
- Work with our Product team to design new and compelling end user services and products.
- Participate in code reviews and passionate technical discussions.
- Develop unit and functional tests to validate your code
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship for your peers.
- 10+ years of experience in writing great software.
- Experience building, testing and optimizing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience working in a Linux-based environment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience working with Go, Cassandra, Kafka, Ceph, ElasticSearch, or Zookeeper
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work schedule
- Snacks and lunches at the office
- Competitive salary and benefits, including matching 401K
- Education assistance and commuter benefits
- Located in beautiful, downtown Redwood City, next to Caltrain
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
About us Our mission is to care for humankind’s information. Upthere was founded with the belief that over time our important data would live solely in the cloud. Upthere designed and built a full stack and a new cloud computer that combines the creative power of our devices with the massive storage and compute power of the cloud. Last year, we launched our initial products on Android, iOS, and OS X.
Want to learn more about Upthere? Visit Upthere's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior DevOps Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Senior QA Automation Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles
PHP Backend Developer (m/f)
Bitpanda, Vienna, Austria
Site Reliability Engineer
The Trade Desk, London, UK
Software Engineer, Serving Systems
Pinterest, San Francisco