We are looking for an experienced iOS and macOS Engineer to build robust mobile and desktop applications on Apple platforms. You must be capable of building a complete application in Objective-C and/or Swift, using APIs to communicate with the server side. You should be comfortable with application-level coding and custom UI creation based on Design and Product team specifications. Most importantly, you should be excited by the potential that Upthere’s cloud platform and applications has to enable users to better discover, make use of, and share their data.
- Work relatively independently within small cross-functional teams to deliver high quality features in our iOS and macOS apps
- Participate in code reviews, task estimation, and architectural discussion and decision-making surrounding Apple platform deliverables
- Perform rapid prototyping of innovative user interfaces and concepts, working collaboratively and iteratively with designers
- Design clean and maintainable APIs
- Utilize Apple’s performance tools and practical optimization techniques to make our apps fast and efficient
- Stay abreast of Apple product and platform news and new developments
- Care deeply about the end product and user experience you ship
- Ability to be based in Redwood City, California
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Interaction or a related field, or significant practical experience that leads to a similarly strong foundation in software engineering and computer science fundamentals.
- 4+ years building applications for the iPhone or iPad using Objective-C/C++ with Cocoa and other frameworks
- Familiarity with Swift, and the ability to immediately begin to use it when writing new production code, even if it’s not your strongest language – yet
- Love for Apple platforms, passion around delivering high quality “pixel perfect” user experiences, pride in everything you do
*** No agencies please ***
About us Our mission is to care for humankind’s information. Upthere was founded with the belief that over time our important data would live solely in the cloud. Upthere designed and built a full stack and a new cloud computer that combines the creative power of our devices with the massive storage and compute power of the cloud. Last year, we launched our initial products on Android, iOS, and OS X.
Want to learn more about Upthere? Visit Upthere's website.
Jobs You May Like
.Net Technical Architect (AppTx)
Pivotal Software, Anywhere in Germany
Staff Software Engineer (REF14405X) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Smarkets, London, UK
Senior Software Engineer
HeadSpin, Palo Alto, CA
Technical Program Manager - Privacy Assurance and Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Director, International Marketing
Kobalt Music Group, London