At Upthere we are developing the next-generation of personal storage – your entire digital life in a single place that is always accessible and ready to share. As a member of our talented team, you will develop products that touch the lives of millions of people. Our engineers are proud of what they build and are passionate to tackle new problems as we push technology forward. At Upthere, we hire the best, operate with the freedom and innovation of a startup, and are backed by the resources, scale and stability of Western Digital – a Fortune 500 company.
We are looking for an experienced iOS Engineer to drive our team and our apps to the next level. Do you get a high from smoothly rolling out feature after feature? Love going from discussing architecture to debugging that critical bug to planning the next release? Prefer to lead from inside the code? Then this is the role for you.
You must be capable of building a complete application in Objective-C and/or Swift, with in-depth knowledge of iOS and UIKit. You should be comfortable in a collaborative environment with other stakeholders including other engineering teams, Product and Design. Most importantly, you should be excited by the potential that Upthere has to enable users to discover, use, and share their data, on any device, at any time.
- Plan and coordinate feature delivery and regular releases of our iOS application
- Author code and technical designs, participating in all parts of the development cycle, including code reviews, architectural discussions and translating Product and Design vision into concrete deliverables.
- Mentor the team on best engineering practices, keeping everyone learning and growing.
- Utilize Apple’s performance tools and practical optimization techniques to make our apps fast and efficient
- Stay abreast of Apple product and platform news and new developments
- Care deeply about the end product and user experience you ship
- 5+ years building applications for the iPhone or iPad using Objective-C or Swift with Cocoa and other frameworks
- Experience leading an application team
- Proficiency with everything that goes into making and shipping an iOS application – Xcode, Instruments, UIKit, Objective-C and/or Swift
- Love for Apple platforms, passion around delivering high quality “pixel perfect” user experiences, pride in everything you do
About us Our mission is to care for humankind’s information. Upthere was founded with the belief that over time our important data would live solely in the cloud. Upthere designed and built a full stack and a new cloud computer that combines the creative power of our devices with the massive storage and compute power of the cloud. Last year, we launched our initial products on Android, iOS, and OS X.
Want to learn more about Upthere? Visit Upthere's website.
Jobs You May Like
Front-End Angular Developer
Nortal, Serbia, Belgrade
DDoS Mitigation - Software Engineer
Cloudflare, London, UK
Intelligence Analyst, Security - Seattle
Lyft, Seattle, WA
Engineering Release Manager
Software Engineer - DevOps
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654
Product Management Intern - Summer 2018
MongoDB, New York City