At Upthere we are developing the next-generation of personal storage – your entire digital life in a single place that is always accessible and ready to share. As a member of our talented team, you will develop products that touch the lives of millions of people. Our engineers are proud of what they build and are passionate to tackle new problems as we push technology forward. At Upthere, we hire the best, operate with the freedom and innovation of a startup, and are backed by the resources, scale and stability of Western Digital – a Fortune 500 company.
We are looking for a product designer to join our team. As a designer, you play an integral part at making Upthere’s products delightful to use and reflective of the future. You will own features through constant iterations, from interaction flow to visual design. This position is full time in Redwood City, and full of fun.
- Collaborate — make thoughtful and innovative product decisions together with engineers, PMs, and other functions
- Design — own a big part of our visual language, many small and not-so-small parts of a large product without losing the big picture.
- Prototype — communicate a broad concept or specify an interaction in great details
- Test — constantly test ideas with real users & customers
- Be flexible — display and utilize good knowledge on platform-specific guidelines, and ignore them when you see fit
- Great communication skills — You can articulate your design decision
- A passion for software design, from ideation to implementation
- Experience in interaction and interface design, for both mobile (iOS and Android) and desktop apps.
- Diplomas and awards are cool, but things you’ve done matter the most — must have a portfolio featuring samples of visual and interaction design work
About us Our mission is to care for humankind’s information. Upthere was founded with the belief that over time our important data would live solely in the cloud. Upthere designed and built a full stack and a new cloud computer that combines the creative power of our devices with the massive storage and compute power of the cloud. Last year, we launched our initial products on Android, iOS, and OS X.
Want to learn more about Upthere? Visit Upthere's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Platform
Scopely, Culver City, CA
Product Manager - Claims Integrations
Collective Health, Chicago
Technical Product Manager
Exabeam, San Mateo, CA
Third line support engineer - Bare Metal
LeaseWeb, Leaseweb, Amsterdam
Senior Product Manager (Blockchain)
The Vanbex Group, Vancouver, Canada Area