Software Engineer - Frameworks
Upthere, Redwood City, CA
A smarter way to store everything you want.
At Upthere we are developing the next-generation of personal storage – your entire digital life in a single place that is always accessible and ready to share. As a member of our talented team, you will develop products that touch the lives of millions of people. Our engineers are proud of what they build and are passionate to tackle new problems as we push technology forward. At Upthere, we hire the best, operate with the freedom and innovation of a startup, and are backed by the resources, scale and stability of Western Digital – a Fortune 500 company.
We are looking for a talented engineer to build out the libraries that support our applications. If you are passionate about object-oriented design, API craftsmanship, performance and robustness, this is the job for you! Let others chase the adoration of the masses; you know you’ve done well when other, discerning engineers recognize the elegance and value of your work. We're seeking a self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented engineer who's passionate about architecture.
- Own major architectural components connecting our applications to the backend
- Build robust APIs designed for performance and ease of use
- Work with UI developers to define what they want, what they need and what can be delivered
- Work with backend engineers to craft a scalable architecture to meet the client applications’ needs
- Relentlessly pursue the creation of better experiences for our customers
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or work equivalent
- 2 + years professional experience with C++
- Experience writing unit tests and using code quality tools
- Strong self-starter who knows how to ask for what they need and then take it from there
- Flexible problem-solver eager to jump in wherever needed
- Objective-C, Java, or Swift experience a plus
- Cross-platform development a plus
About us Our mission is to care for humankind’s information. Upthere was founded with the belief that over time our important data would live solely in the cloud. Upthere designed and built a full stack and a new cloud computer that combines the creative power of our devices with the massive storage and compute power of the cloud. Last year, we launched our initial products on Android, iOS, and OS X.
Want to learn more about Upthere? Visit Upthere's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Core Services
Looker, San Francisco Bay Area
Sr Software Engineer - Back End
Stride Health, Denver
Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure
Wish, San Jose, California
Site Reliability Engineer
Oscar, New York, NY
Sr. Software Engineer, Productivity
C3, Redwood City
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA