Sr. Manager, Product Management
United Technologies Digital, New York
UT Digital serves customers in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries.
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
We are seeking a highly motivated product manager to help define and execute our product roadmaps and plans by leveraging product data, market and competitive analysis with a commercial mindset and customer-centric orientation. This role will work closely with digital and UTC business unit cross-disciplinary teams, including engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams with a primary focus on the mobile space.
Reporting to the VP Product & General Manager of the newly established UT Digital Accelerator, the The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to our customers & be an avid consumer of trends in mobility, design, technology, social behavior and commerce. They will lead agile project teams in the design, development and management of product activities, from its early digital properties’ definition, to its design & production, to final release and adoption.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a large industrial Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards transforming our UTC products and services in order to help our employees and customers optimize operations. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth.
- Use a user centered approach to tTranslate business goals into visions for digital initiatives, define product project goals, manage development workflow, all while representing the voice of the customer
- Influence key stakeholders and gain buy-in for product and project goals and milestones.
- Support product innovation through shaping critical processes to test design, viability prototypes and final design
- Lead agile development teams including sprint definition, backlog prioritization, development and release of Minimum Value Product and follow on additions as directed by business unit requirements
- Leverage market insights, as well as business and financial acumen to drive cutting edge product development creating value/optimization for business
- Analyze industry, market and technology trends, forecast impacts on UTC Digital strategy and translate strategy into viable cutting edge technology solutions
- Analyze data to cContinuously identify areas of improvement taking into consideration customer feedback
- Familiarity with Agile operating model, practices and expectations
- Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams; developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company as an “active listener” and then execute results
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of accountability
- Diligent, disciplined, reliable and strives for highest technical quality
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a computer science, specialized computer systems training with 8 years progressive experience in digital technology and/or product management or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred:
- Agile Certified Practitioner, Certification as a Product Owner (CPO), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Project Management Professional (PMP)
- US Citizen
About United Technologies Digital
United Technologies Digital blends creative design, development, and discovery to advance industrial technology solutions for moving the world forward. A strategic arm of United Technologies, one of the largest building and aerospace researchers and manufacturers.
United Technologies Digital is opening a Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn that will help create the future of industry. They are recruiting professionals in UX Design, Product Management, Data Science, Software Development and much more. They will join thousands of United Technologies colleagues from around the world.
Be a Better United Technologies Digital Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at United Technologies Digital when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about United Technologies Digital? Visit United Technologies Digital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town or London
Senior Administrative Assistant
Twilio, Denver, CO
Product Manager, Guest Delight
Wheelhouse, San Francisco, CA
Common Networks, San Francisco, CA
Trustpilot, New York, NY
Product Director, Experiences (Guest)
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States