Design Research Lead
United Technologies Digital, New York
UT Digital serves customers in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries.
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
We are seeking a highly motivated product intelligence manager to help define and execute our product roadmaps and plans by leveraging product data, market and competitive analysis with a commercial mindset and customer-centric orientation. This role will work closely with digital and UTC business unit cross-disciplinary teams, including engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams with a primary focus on the mobile space.
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to our customers & be an avid consumer of trends in mobility, design, technology, social behavior and commerce. They will lead agile project teams in the design, development and management of product activities, from its early digital properties’ definition, to its design & production, to final release and adoption.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a large industrial Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards transforming our UTC products and services in order to help our employees and customers optimize operations. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth.
• Establish the product intelligence offering that provides on-going market trend and insights relevant to UT Digital products, market position, and go-to-market strategy providing perspective on external dynamics. Beyond digital product offering analysis, coverage will include adjacent areas (e.g. data, privacy) and competitive landscape.
• Maintain on-going coverage of UTC divisions and competitors and publish relevant market alerts on an ad hoc basis to the Digital Leadership and Product Management teams
• Publish regular quarterly briefs on market dynamics that includes new product introductions, arising technology, and market changes. Briefs are to be structured for each business division that UTC operates (e.g. P&W, UTAS, OTIS, CCS)
• Deliver addressable market analysis on an ad hoc basis for DX engagement and products to the UX research and product management team
• Invoke research publications on self-identified emerging trends or relevant topics that may impact digital (e.g. arising middle class, urbanization, alternative energy)
• Establish partnerships with research firms and digital influencers
• Establish intra-UTC partnerships on market research (e.g. Corporate M&A, UTRC)
About United Technologies Digital
United Technologies Digital blends creative design, development, and discovery to advance industrial technology solutions for moving the world forward. A strategic arm of United Technologies, one of the largest building and aerospace researchers and manufacturers.
United Technologies Digital is opening a Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn that will help create the future of industry. They are recruiting professionals in UX Design, Product Management, Data Science, Software Development and much more. They will join thousands of United Technologies colleagues from around the world.
Be a Better United Technologies Digital Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at United Technologies Digital when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about United Technologies Digital? Visit United Technologies Digital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Visual Designer – Fjord
Accenture, GA - Atlanta, USA
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Sr. Front-End Developer
Rosetta Stone, Boston, MA USA
UX Designer (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Senior 3D Framework Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Senior User Researcher