United Technologies Digital, New York
UT Digital serves customers in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries.
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a leader in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries. From elevators in the Burj Kalifa to life support systems in the International Space Station, our companies' products touch more than half of the world’s population every day, keeping people safe in challenging environments and comfortable and secure at home.
UT Digital partners with UTC’s businesses on vital challenges. A global team of 2500 creates software that makes UTC’s products and services more useful and relevant to the people who rely on them. As part of UT Digital, the newly formed, Brooklyn-based Digital Accelerator is home to a collective of product designers, engineers, and data scientists that are shaping the future of building systems, cities and aerospace.
The Digital Accelerator is seeking highly skilled design and technology practitioners that can wrangle the complex challenges at the heart of UTC’s businesses and leaders that can help our group grow. We engage with an array of sophisticated user experience and business domains, from industrial IoT and analytics that power smart products, factories and cities, to connected customer experiences that transform how products are manufactured, used and serviced.
If you are passionate about building things that matter, come work with us in Dumbo.
We are seeking an Associate Interaction Designer with expertise in user-centered design methods to help create the next-generation of UTC applications, products and services. As a member of a collaborative, cross-functional team, you will help define the experience architecture of products and services, from conceptual models to detailed maps and wireframes. Your core responsibilities will be to understand the people and systems that surround our products and synthesize user perspectives and business needs into tangible artifacts that can be used by a variety of stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with customers, business stakeholders and your project team (e.g., product managers, project managers, strategists, researchers, product designers, data scientists and developers)
- Designing and/or participating in primary (in-field) and secondary research activities with customers, employees and other relevant business stakeholders
- Understanding complex business processes and audience constituencies
- Creating high-quality artifacts that capture critical conceptual aspects of an experience, including personas, customer journey maps, service blueprints, application maps, task flow diagrams, wireframes, et al.
- Presenting design work, articulating underlying motivations and supporting decisions through argument
- Tight collaboration with product managers to help review and refine user stories and related project documentation
- Tight collaboration with product designers to ensure visual designs and interactions stay well connected to user and business needs
- Designing for reuse across products and UTC businesses
- Participating in design critique sessions; both providing and responding to feedback on designs
- Contributing representative artifacts and/or documentation to UTC design systems
- Helping create and refine presentations to support internal communications
About United Technologies Digital
United Technologies Digital blends creative design, development, and discovery to advance industrial technology solutions for moving the world forward. A strategic arm of United Technologies, one of the largest building and aerospace researchers and manufacturers.
United Technologies Digital is opening a Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn that will help create the future of industry. They are recruiting professionals in UX Design, Product Management, Data Science, Software Development and much more. They will join thousands of United Technologies colleagues from around the world.
Be a Better United Technologies Digital Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at United Technologies Digital when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about United Technologies Digital? Visit United Technologies Digital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Knotel, Knotel NYC