Product Design Associate
United Technologies Digital, New York
UT Digital serves customers in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries.
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a leader in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries. From elevators in the Burj Kalifa to life support systems in the International Space Station, our companies' products touch more than half of the world’s population every day, keeping people safe in challenging environments and comfortable and secure at home.
UT Digital partners with UTC’s businesses on vital challenges. A global team of 2500 creates software that makes UTC’s products and services more useful and relevant to the people who rely on them. As part of UT Digital, the newly formed, Brooklyn-based Digital Accelerator is home to a collective of product designers, engineers, and data scientists that are shaping the future of building systems, cities and aerospace.
The Digital Accelerator is seeking highly skilled design and technology practitioners that can wrangle the complex challenges at the heart of UTC’s businesses and leaders that can help our group grow. We engage with an array of sophisticated user experience and business domains, from industrial IoT and analytics that power smart products, factories and cities, to connected customer experiences that transform how products are manufactured, used and serviced.
If you are passionate about building things that matter, come work with us in Dumbo.
We are seeking a Product Designer with deep UI/UX expertise to help design and develop the next-generation of UTC applications, products and services. As a member of a collaborative, cross-functional team, you will help define the concrete, tangible aspects of a product, from look-and-feel to discrete user interface interactions. Your core responsibilities will be to synthesize user perspectives, business needs and interaction design documentation into beautiful, functional and pixel-accurate designs and collaborate with developers to bring those designs to life.
- Working collaboratively with customers, business stakeholders and your project team (e.g., product managers, project managers, strategists, researchers, interaction designers, data scientists and developers)
- Participating in primary (in-field) and secondary research activities with customers, employees and other relevant business stakeholders
- Understanding complex business processes and audience constituencies
- Creating pixel-perfect output that can be used by developers and other business stakeholders
- Designing for reuse across products and UTC businesses and maintaining orderly design files that can be easily shared with other designers
- Participating in design critique sessions; both providing and responding to feedback on design quality
- Presenting design work, articulating underlying motivations and supporting decisions through argument
- Helping define, review and refine user stories and related project documentation, especially those that deal with presentation layer details of a product experience
- Contributing to design systems via designed components and/or documentation
About United Technologies Digital
United Technologies Digital blends creative design, development, and discovery to advance industrial technology solutions for moving the world forward. A strategic arm of United Technologies, one of the largest building and aerospace researchers and manufacturers.
United Technologies Digital is opening a Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn that will help create the future of industry. They are recruiting professionals in UX Design, Product Management, Data Science, Software Development and much more. They will join thousands of United Technologies colleagues from around the world.
Be a Better United Technologies Digital Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at United Technologies Digital when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about United Technologies Digital? Visit United Technologies Digital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager E-Commerce
Director, Ratings Policy & Compliance
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Business Intelligence Analyst
Mercari, Palo Alto, CA
E-Commerce Category Manager
Mercari, Palo Alto
Product Owner B2B Solutions (m/f/d)