Sr. Product Manager
United Technologies Digital, New York
UT Digital serves customers in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries.
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
We are seeking a highly motivated product manager to help define and execute our product roadmaps and plans by leveraging product data, market and competitive analysis with a commercial mindset and customer-centric orientation. This role will work closely with digital and UTC business unit cross-disciplinary teams, including engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams with a primary focus on the mobile space.
Reporting to Director of Product of the newly established UT Digital Accelerator, the successful candidate will be passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to our customers & be an avid consumer of trends in mobility, design, technology, social behavior and commerce. They will lead agile project teams in the design, development and management of product activities, from its early digital properties’ definition, to its design & production, to final release and adoption. This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a large industrial Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards transforming our UTC products and services in order to help our employees and customers optimize operations. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth.
- Transform business goals into strategic digital initiatives and cutting-edge digital products and services
- Align to UTC Digital strategy and leverage business and financial acumen to drive value for the business
- Leverage industry, market and technology trends to inform product definition and share with working teams and business units
- Define and clearly communicate product roadmaps, KPIs, measures of product success to stakeholders
- Influence stakeholders and gain consensus for product strategy and milestones, building visual and other artifacts to assist key decision making
- Define product and feature sets through a user-centered approach and design centered thinking
- Lead agile development teams through sprint definition, backlog prioritization, development and release of Minimum Viable Products
- Utilize iterative design processes, prototype testing, user/consumer interviews and user testing to support product innovation
- Identify and implement analytics
- Support product innovation by analyzing usage metrics and continuously improving upon the user experience and product releases
About United Technologies Digital
United Technologies Digital blends creative design, development, and discovery to advance industrial technology solutions for moving the world forward. A strategic arm of United Technologies, one of the largest building and aerospace researchers and manufacturers.
United Technologies Digital is opening a Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn that will help create the future of industry. They are recruiting professionals in UX Design, Product Management, Data Science, Software Development and much more. They will join thousands of United Technologies colleagues from around the world.
Be a Better United Technologies Digital Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at United Technologies Digital when you watch classes taught by their top employees.