United Technologies Digital, New York
UT Digital serves customers in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries.
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) has a deep history of innovation that brings together big thinkers, problem solvers and a culture for pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our global reach and rich history uniquely positions us to succeed in the new digital economy. Our investment in digital innovations will make travel better, people safer and urbanizing cities more comfortable and connected.
UTC is committed to leading in the digital era and will unleash the size and scale of its businesses on the digital world of big data and the Internet of Things. We are looking for the very best thought and technology leaders who will help grow our Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn, New York – In a vibrant, urban, oasis overlooking the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Come join us in this journey.
About United Technologies – NYSE UTX:
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced, aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 200,000 employees globally.
We are seeking highly motivated data architects to join our Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn, NY. We are looking for people who have a passion for building systems that analyze and uncover digital insights from large, complex streams of data derived from the worlds most advanced aerospace, aviation and building management systems.
As a member of a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, data scientists and designers, you will combine your problem solving and analytical skills to identify, quantify, and solve real world problems leveraging best of breed digital technologies. This role will also work closely with UTC’s engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams to challenge the boundaries of what’s possible.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate in a start-up-like environment within a Fortune 50 company. Our digital focus is geared towards releasing the insights inherent UTC’s best-in-class products and services. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth for our customers.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Design solutions that will improve how we design, manufacture, monitor, and maintain industrial assets such as jet engines, aviation systems, elevators, HVAC, and other commercial systems
- Create, coordinate, and execute proposals, pilots, proofs of concept, and projects for large scale data and analytics solutions, working as a liaison between the members of the data science team and other stakeholders including product management and business owners
- Lead major data- and analytics- driven initiatives and business transformations around key strategic business drivers
- Design (and, working with engineering teams, instantiate) solutions that will capture, integrate, organize, centralize, and maintain data
- Design and develop large scale data processing systems such as data lakes
- Develop scalable mechanisms that take data from multiple business and IoT systems and make them available for data science and analysis.
- Build learning systems that monitor data flows and react to changes in customer preferences, network constraints, and business objectives
- Design and implement mechanisms to operationalize machine learning models with feedback loops in production environments
- Work with vendors to ensure quality and appropriateness of proposed work and delivered solutions
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and other engineers to design, implement and deploy scalable solutions that address customer problems
- Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership in delivering for our customer and businesses
About United Technologies Digital
United Technologies Digital blends creative design, development, and discovery to advance industrial technology solutions for moving the world forward. A strategic arm of United Technologies, one of the largest building and aerospace researchers and manufacturers.
United Technologies Digital is opening a Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn that will help create the future of industry. They are recruiting professionals in UX Design, Product Management, Data Science, Software Development and much more. They will join thousands of United Technologies colleagues from around the world.
Be a Better United Technologies Digital Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at United Technologies Digital when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about United Technologies Digital? Visit United Technologies Digital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Partner Manager, RevPro
Zuora, San Jose
Associate Director, Analytics
AKQA, San Francisco
Data and Visualization Specialist
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Quantitative Researcher - C++
Allston Trading, Chicago
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior Scientist, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Research
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States