Engineer II (NORESCO)
United Technologies Digital, New York
UT Digital serves customers in the commercial aerospace, defense, and building industries.
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for an Engineer II in New York City.
- Perform energy audits (ASHRAE Level 1 through investment grade), retro-commissioning and commissioning for clients in the commercial, industrial, lab, pharmaceutical, healthcare, higher education and municipal/county government sectors
- Perform feasibility studies of renewable and energy efficiency technologies including (but not limited to) photovoltaic systems, wind turbines, micro-cogeneration systems (fuel cells and microturbines), conventional cogeneration systems (reciprocating engine and gas turbine), geothermal heat pump retrofits, biomass systems, thermal storage systems, air-to-air energy recovery systems, condensing flue gas heat exchangers, and backpressure turbines
- Perform calculations of annual energy/cost savings and greenhouse gas reductions for identified energy projects
- Develop budget quality project cost estimates.
- Perform life cycle cost analysis
- Accountable for the development, coordination, and execution of the design phase, construction phase, testing/training phase, warranty phase commissioning activities, final commissioning report
- Coordinate and lead Cx meetings with owner, operating staff, design and construction personnel to understand the project goals and schedule to ensure commissioning process is properly coordinated
- Manage the preparation of commissioning plans, specifications and checklists (pre-functional and functional) in accordance with ASHRAE Standard 202-2013 and ASHRAE Guideline 0-2013
- Review design, equipment submittals, O&M manuals, start-up reports, checklists, TAB reports, as-builts, and training programs for overall compliance with owner’s project requirements, commissioning plans, and the contracted scope of work
- Manage and perform site visits to coordinate commissioning, witness equipment start-up, direct and perform testing, and coordinate training
- Manage the project issues database to document non-compliant conditions. Actively manage issue close-out with owner, O&M, design and construction personnel
- Provide technical oversight and assist operating staff to develop understanding of systems and design intent. Review operating modes, sequence of operations and specifics of equipment, operations, and maintenance
- Prepare technical reports and presentations. Present findings of audits / studies to client
- Assist the sales and project development teams in energy projects development after completion of the energy audit / feasibility study development
- Provide technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively present findings and corrective actions to the client
- Manage project budgets according to prescribed financial metrics
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, often under aggressive deadlines
- Ensure customer/client satisfaction for tasks performed
- Foster effective and positive business relationships with all parties throughout project phases
- Develop and maintain relationships with contractors and field personnel to develop additional business for the group
- Cultivate new client relationships and accounts
About United Technologies Digital
United Technologies Digital blends creative design, development, and discovery to advance industrial technology solutions for moving the world forward. A strategic arm of United Technologies, one of the largest building and aerospace researchers and manufacturers.
United Technologies Digital is opening a Digital Accelerator in Brooklyn that will help create the future of industry. They are recruiting professionals in UX Design, Product Management, Data Science, Software Development and much more. They will join thousands of United Technologies colleagues from around the world.
Be a Better United Technologies Digital Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at United Technologies Digital when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about United Technologies Digital? Visit United Technologies Digital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Integration Engineer - Hong Kong
Payoneer, Hong Kong
Camera Test Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
iOS/Android Software Developer
Fearless, Montgomery, AL
Senior Software Engineer
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
Palantir Technologies, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Full Stack Software Engineer, Payments Performance & Observability
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States