NOTICE OF POSTING
An application concerning the employment of one or more alien workers for the following permanent position will be filed with the Department of Homeland Security. This Notice of Filing will be posted for 10 consecutive business days, ending between 30 and 180 days before filing the permanent labor certification.
POSITION TITLE: TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS ENGINEER, VELODYNE LiDAR
Velodyne LiDAR is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Technical Solutions Engineer to join our A+ global Sales Engineering team. Our solution provides real time point cloud information to a marquee list of customers across the world. The Technical Solutions Engineer helps to improve satisfaction and better conversion by providing quick help in purchase decisions using expert help.
Our engineers work in small teams and individually. In this role, you will focus on supporting our customer base to be successful. You will be challenged to work across a variety of customer issues and needs. To be successful you would need to bring to the table skills to be able to quickly analyze root cause of an issue, triage it and bring it to the Engineering team. This will require working closely with external and internal stakeholders in an organized fashion. You will be working with the overall engineering team in an Agile fashion on a day-to-day basis. Strong problem-solving skills, proactivity, tenacity and organization skills will help the you succeed in this role. The job duties include:
- Proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise with their solution implementation. Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis. Identify and provide timely workarounds and solutions when possible, to meet customer’s business needs.
- Reproduce in house and file engineering tickets. Work with engineering and product management to prioritize as customer advocate to get resolutions in next release. When possible, analyze code and participate in engineering processes to develop and deploy defect fixes as service packs/hotfixes.
- Constantly stay ahead in communicating with customers. Manage expectations properly to avoid escalations. Be a strong voice of customers during engineering planning.
- Assist through release cycles in testing new features, enhancements and defect fixes. Provide backup to Firmware Validation during release days to handle any incoming issues as the release rolls out to the field.
- Assist Client Services teams with technical solutions in new client implementations.
- Participate as key technical lead in Gold Support offerings to customers that may include minor product enhancements or report development.
- Assist other teams such as sales & marketing with technical issues, as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. Must have taken Master’s level classes in embedded systems, robotics and computer vision.
RATE OF PAY: $104,874.00 PER YEAR. The employer will pay or exceed the prevailing wage, as determined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
HOURS: 40hrs/week. 8 am to 5 pm.
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT: 5521 Hellyer Avenue, San Jose, CA 95138
SEND RESUME: HR, Job#1012, 5521 Hellyer Avenue, San Jose, CA 95138
This notice is being filed in compliance with 20 CFR §656.10(d). Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on the application to the Certifying Officer of the U.S. Department of Labor holding jurisdiction over the location of the proposed employment: U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Harris Tower, 233 Peachtree Street, Suite 410, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, Phone: (404) 893-0101, Fax: (404) 893-4642.
Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on this application to the United States Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Atlanta Processing Center, Harris Tower, 233 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 410, Atlanta, Georgia, 30303.
This notice is being provided to workers in the place of intended employment by the following means:
- Posting a clearly visible and unobstructed notice, for at least 10 consecutive business days, two in conspicuous locations(s) in the workplace, where the employer’s U.S. workers can readily read the posted notice, including but not limited to locations in the immediate vicinity of the wage and hour notices.
- Publishing the notice in any and all in-house media, whether electronic or printed, in accordance with normal procedures used for the recruitment of similar positions in the employer’s organization.
DATE POSTED: October 15, 2018
DATE REMOVED: October 30, 2018
LOCATIONS WHERE THE NOTICE WAS POSTED: ___________________________
MEANS OF IN-HOUSE NOTICE, IF APPLICABLE: ____________________________
EXPLANATION OF ANY LACK OF IN-HOUSE NOTICE: ______________________
I attest, under penalty of perjury, that the above notice was provided as shown.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Jobs You May Like
Territory Manager (Outside Sales)
ChowNow, Houston, TX
Stylist-Guide, Orange County
Bonobos, Orange County, CA
Sales Development Manager
Checkr, San Francisco
Ongoing Posting: Retail Sales Associate I
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Market Development Manager
Ritual, Hong Kong
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA