Velodyne LiDAR is the world’s leader in real-time 3D LiDAR sensors for applications ranging from autonomous driving, high-resolution mapping and robotic perception to drone surveying/navigation and providing perimeter sercurity/surveillance. The company serves many different industries including automotive, industrial and emerging spaces like virtual reality.
Velodyne LiDAR is seeking an experienced Japanese Business Development Manager to be located in Japan. You will be leading the business development in Japan, will attain an excellent understanding of our product portfolio and applications, as well as comprehensive knowledge of the local market.
- To identify further business opportunities with existing and potential customers
- Support on the preparation of the yearly budgets based on products
- Participate in business development and strategic planning sessions
- Understand competitors' activities in Japan and Asia
- Develop and maintain deep product technical and application expertise
- Working closely with the Regional Manager to coordinate local projects
- Provide technical training for distributor partners
- To perform any other duties as assigned by immediate superior
Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree in vehicle engineering, economics, management or comparable working experience
- 5+ years experience in business development area
- Robust track record in B2B Marketing, Program Management, and Engineering functions.
- High energy, motivating, outgoing personality; strong communicator
- Willingness to travel regularly to support distributor events
- Strong cross company negotiation skills in English and Japanese from experiences in international product development and contract agreements.
- Energetic, motivating, outgoing personality; strong communicator
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of sensing market, ie., LiDAR, Camera, Radar and related components
- Ability to demonstrate time management, strong sales skills
- LiDAR experience
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Jobs You May Like
Commercial Account Executive
Luxury Retreats - Gestionnaire des comptes/Market Manager
Airbnb, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BDR Manager (Washington, D.C.)
Okta, San Francisco, Washington DC
Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant, North Region
Programmatic Account Executive - Detroit
CarGurus, Detroit, MI