In this role, you’ll work as part of a joint project team – with a major tech brand and emerging technology. You will be part of a Studio team focused on early platform design, product prototyping, and technology characterization on new wireless features and performance breakthroughs for our sensor products. Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering Background
- Customers’ documentation analysis. Perform DFM, FMEA analysis.
- Product line and layout preparation.
- Production line material flow preparation.
- Perform capacity / time study analysis and improvement.
- Routing preparation.
- Prepare work instructions / standard work.
- Plan for the necessary jigs and fixtures for production use.
- Perform regular maintenance to upkeep the jigs and fixtures.
- Attend to any quality issues arise and provide timely resolutions.
- Train and impart knowledge to subordinates and assembly operators.
- Drive Kaizen projects.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) processes.
- Prototype development for next generation variants to existing products
- Component second source, selection, and schematic/pcb layout
- Make recommendations product enhancement
- Work with Contract Manufacturers on Functional Tests and troubleshooting
- Assist with agency compliance testing
- New material / process exploration
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Customer Engineer (Escalation Manager)
Pivotal Software, Shanghai
Pessoa Desenvolvedora Mobile Sênior
ThoughtWorks, Porto Alegre
Cloud Software Architect
Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Sr. Test Engineer - Transactions Platform
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Strain Engineering Padawan (1-year paid internship)
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA