Velodyne LiDAR is exploding in size as the company is aiming to bring LiDAR sensor technology for self-driving cars to the market as soon as 2020. Velodyne is gearing up for mass production now! Help Velodyne’s team during this exciting time!
Acting as Scrum Master, the Principal Engineer Advanced Quality will be responsible for planning and managing successful high frequency product releases of Velodyne LiDAR products using a scrum model of product development. The role will focus on road map execution, project reporting, team efficiency, and process evolution and adherence. We are seeking someone who is passionate about getting things done quickly and efficiently and who isn’t afraid to hold people accountable. The ideal candidate excels at juggling multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. The Program Manager will report directly to the Director of Program Management.
- Serve as scrum master: Lead sprint planning, grooming, daily stand-ups, and sprint retrospectives. Be the remover of all sprint obstacles.
- Own and report to senior management the project status and critical path for project completion; identify, communicate, and mitigate execution risk
- Effectively lead estimation exercises with the teams to set expectations with stakeholders
- Work closely with developers, QA, product management, and others as needed to proactively identify potential internal and external conflicts; mitigate risk and adhere to launch schedule commitments.
- Drive continuous process improvement while honoring the Agile Manifesto
- Manage multiple projects with shifting and competing priorities
- Assist in distilling product requirements into actionable items for engineers
- Mentor team members to adopt a true Agile mindset including ownership, self-management, and empowerment.
- Configure and contribute to the PMO knowledge base for software, training, and project documentation (Atlassian Documention, Microsoft 365, Arena etc.)
- Bachelor Degree, 10+ years of experience in Agile software program management
- Expert in using Jira for tracking and managing development efforts
- Experience running dual track sprint for true Agile execution including design
- Certified as Scrum Master
- Solid understanding of SDLC including systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Jobs You May Like
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Paris, France
Part Time Front-End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, London
Front End Engineer
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Web Development Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, Atlanta
Agile Quality Analyst (m/f)
Software Development Engineer in Test - Front End
Addepar, Mountain View, CA