As a Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer you will take responsibility for electrical systems design, operating at the core of highest performance LiDAR sensor. All aspects of the design including high-speed analog and digital circuits, power transfer, PCB/FPC layouts, and thermal management will be within your purview. Ideal applicants will have extreme breadth of knowledge as well as extraordinary depth into multiple key areas.
You will work directly with Software, Firmware, Mechanical and Optical Engineers to realize various vision systems. In collaboration with Supply Chain and Operations you will manage deployment of your designs to production and carry the program from concept phase through mass production. You will also interface directly with sales, marketing and the customer base to develop requirements and ensure they are appropriately designed in.
Velodyne Lidar is exploding in size as the leader in the lidar industry, and is gearing up for mass production now! Join Velodyne during this exciting time!
- Architecture, circuit design, part selection, simulation and schematic capture for LiDAR sensors
- Hands-on layout and/or supervision of PCB designer for rigid and flexible circuit designs
- Active collaboration with FW team for board bringup
- Manage EE development schedule from EVT -> PVT
- Design experience for ESD, EMI and challenging thermal requirements
- Author clear design documentation and test procedures
- Actively participate in design qualification with reliability and validation team
- Design for functional safety
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS/Phd in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years hands-on development of embedded systems including FPGA/SoC, DRAM, Flash, PMICs, high voltages, motor control and high-speed serial interfaces, preferably used with automotive electronics
- Mixed-signal circuit design utilizing discrete components and simulation
- OrCAD schematic capture and Allegro PCB layout
- Experience carrying high volume automotive electronic designs from concept through mass production
- Ability to thrive within compressed development schedules prioritizing time to market and manage multiple projects in parallel
- Experience with designs of challenging SI, PI, EMI and thermal
- Experience with contemporary lab tools, debug and bring up methodologies
- Hands on with EVT/DVT/PVT
- Excellent problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Verilog design and simulation
- Familiarity with optics technology
- Scripting tools like Python/Perl
- Experience in big data mining tools like JMP
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one