Velodyne LiDAR is the world’s leader in real-time 3D LiDAR sensors for applications ranging from autonomous driving, high-resolution mapping and robotic perception to drone surveying/navigation and providing perimeter sercurity/surveillance. The company serves many different industries including automotive, industrial and emerging spaces like virtual reality.
Velodyne LiDAR is seeking an experienced and highly driven sales professional to join our rapidly growing team. The Automotive Programs Manager will be responsible for building Velodyne’s business in autonomous automotive market. This resource will help Velodyne penetrate and drive business at key OEMs through “design wins” leading to long-term high volume purchase contracts. The ideal candidate will be proficient at understanding customer requirements, aligning capabilities and managing resources and expectations to meet corporate objectives. This is a senior level position that will have high visibility within the company.
Essential Functions, Skills, and Abilities:
- Follows a disciplined sales process for delivering consistent results that meet or exceed expectations
- Ability to understand and articulate client objectives while establishing alignment between these needs and our solutions
- Experience hunting for new business by building or leveraging existing relationships with key decision makers at large strategic accounts
- Good at building credibility internally to coalesce resources around a business objective
- Facilitates and helps influence organizational change to take on complex challenges
- Accountable for results – history of meeting or exceeding performance objectives
- Strong customer presence and verbal communication skills
- Solid organization skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient with CRM (preferably Salesforce.com)
Minimum education and work experience required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in the field of computer science or engineering
- Minimum of 10 years selling experience in the automotive/trucking industry
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Account Executive (Entertainment)
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Sales Development Rep.
Uncubed, New York City
Inside Sales Representative
Airware, San Francisco
Regional Channel Manager, India
Partner Enablement Manager
Okta, San Francisco, CA