As a Principal Embedded Software Engineer at Velodyne Lidar in San Jose, you will immediately take on a role of technical leadership and demonstrate deep expertise in embedded software development. Ideally, you should also have hands-on experience with using FPGAs and/or SoCs for real-world product design, as well as a proven ability to make effective decisions on architecture, methodology, and technique as they apply to area- and power-efficient embedded systems.
You will be a critical member of the Firmware Engineering team and our overall R&D engineering organization, collaborating on a daily basis with a highly skilled group of mechanical, electrical, optical, and algorithm engineers. This role involves project ownership and direct influence on product architecture and strategy, which offers an excellent opportunity to showcase your system-level design skills and make a visible impact within the company.
Velodyne Lidar is exploding in size as we bring autonomous mobility to the mass market. Take advantage of this opportunity to carve out a significant role in this rapidly growing industry!
- Independently develop major product features using an embedded processor or SoC
- Deliver software solutions which meet tight footprint and real-time requirements
- Guide and implement strategies for unit-level test and validation
- Assist with defining and maintaining development standards and guidelines
- Lead code reviews and administer portions of the codebase
- Perform hands-on debug of the final implementation on hardware
- Advise and mentor other engineers with embedded software development
- Support complex projects to meet technology, performance, and schedule objectives
- Timely deliver reliable, manufacturable, and cost-effective solutions for productization
- Work in cross-functional teams to deliver product-level features and requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years of technical experience in software development for embedded systems
- Highly proficient in low-level C and C++ development, including bare-metal targets
- Highly proficient in Python for high-level automation
- Experience with system-level architectures for HW/SW co-design
- Hands-on experience with debugging tools used directly on hardware
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with automotive software development processes (ASPICE, MISRA, etc.)
- Experience with design according to functional safety standards (ISO 26262)
- Experience with industry standard networking protocols (Ethernet, IPv4, UDP)
- Experience using Xilinx FPGAs, SoCs, and their corresponding toolchains
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
The best bed for better sleep