Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomous vehicles, driver assistance, delivery solutions, robotics, navigation, mapping, and more. Our mass-market adoption has created new opportunities in the software space, and we are currently developing a suite of new services. This role will lead frontend development for Velodyne’s software initiatives. You will be responsible for building on top of our current frontend infrastructure, evaluating new technologies, and building new products and features. If you enjoy building new products from the ground up, and being part of a rapidly growing team, this is the role for you! The job location will be either Alameda, CA or San Jose, CA.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Lead frontend development for Velodyne’s customer-facing applications as well as our internal tools
- Collaborate with Design Team and the Cloud Backend Team to integrate frontend applications with backend APIs and cloud resources
- Develop 3D point cloud visualization technologies (enabling lidar data to be expressed in a variety of ways)
- Integrate geospatial data with visualizations
- Responsible for working with management to develop a road map for upcoming quarters
- Translate business needs into concrete development and rollout plans
- Evaluate new technologies to determine which are best for Velodyne’s use case
- Teamwork, strong communications, and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient with React, Angular, or similar framework
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes and experience with Jenkins
- Strong believer in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Leadership experience is a plus
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands on experience developing large frontend applications
- AWS (as it pertains to the frontend – Route53, CloudFront, S3, etc.)
- Geospatial data visualizations
- Open Street Map (OSM)
- 3D visualization technologies (three.js, WebGL)
- Deep understanding of frontend security (SSO, OAuth 2, SAML)
- Multi-tenant frontend platforms
- Android experience
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!