Velodyne is building industry-leading LiDAR products that are driving the autonomous vehicles revolution. As a Staff ASIC Integration Engineer in the ASIC team, you’ll take ownership for productization of ASICs in Velodyne, handling the path from design closure to product integration. You will be the bridge between technical teams, establish requirements and priorities, work closely across internal and external teams to drive products through launch and bring innovative solutions to market.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Product Ownership: Work with various internal and external stakeholders for a successful product integration and launch the product. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop plans, prioritize requirements and manage requests. Develop a good working knowledge of the ASICs and the products and be recognized as a credible product owner by engineering and operations teams. Should be able to generate ASIC datasheets, programming/user guides, maintain errata and work around lists
- Cross functional Product Integration: Work with ASIC designers, system architects, product engineers, firmware engineers and product management to understand various features for the final product and drive integration of ASICs into the final product. Work with partners for managing AECQ and ISO processes
- Product Launch: Serve as single point of contact for ASIC products and drive end-to-end integration into the final product in collaboration with key stakeholders. Manage ASICs through its lifecycle (till EOL) and drive focus on all elements of product – wafer testing, characterization and product integration. Write white papers and application notes for different use cases.
- Communications: Prepare updates and presentations as needed to drive product understanding as well as adoption. Serve as a highly effective communicator to drive clarity and effective cross-functional alignment and decision making inside and outside the company, across all levels of the organization.
- Technical knowledge in hardware engineering (Analog ASICs/SoCs/PCBAs/systems)
- Strong attention to detail, project management and organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Has worked with analog, digital, system and firmware teams and has experience in any of ASIC bring-up/testing/product integration.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- 10+ years IC/system-level experience in analog/digital ASIC design; 2+ years managing an ASIC product
- Handle ASIC wafer testing process and manage it end-to-end. Improve yield and manage the chip integration
- AECQ qualification experience
- Experience in handling junior engineers and working with senior management for product definition
- Ability to thrive in a startup-like, fast-paced environment as well as setting up light-weight frameworks and processes to manage various elements of the product
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to take the lead and operate with minimal supervision
- Experience in opto-electronics (lasers/detectors) or LiDAR
- Experience with ADAS
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.