Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
Velodyne Lidar is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to develop robotics algorithms – in particular, to lead the development of SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping) algorithms utilizing sensor fusion techniques to combine lidar, IMU, GPS, and wheel odometry data streams. These algorithms are targeted for automotive applications and as such, experience with automotive coding standards and functional safety standards is desired.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Lead and drive the development of SLAM algorithms utilizing data from lidar, IMU, GPS, and wheel odometry data streams
- Migrate development prototypes to production hardware, including meeting automotive coding standards and following functional safety standards
- Developing SLAM algorithms
- IMU and GPS sensor data
- Strong programming skills in C++
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- MS or PhD in Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field along with 5+ years of combined (academic + industrial) experience or BS with 6-8 years relevant experience in sensor fusion and localization algorithms.
- Fusing data from sensors including lidar, low-cost IMU, GPS, and wheel odometry to obtain 6-DOF pose
- Characterizing and selecting sensors (lidar, low-cost IMU, GPS, wheel odometry)
- Working with RTK/PPK GPS algorithms
- Developing path planning and path prediction algorithms
- Automotive software coding standards (MISRA, AUTOSAR)
- Design according to functional safety standards (ISO 26262)
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.