Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomous vehicles, driver assistance, delivery solutions, robotics, navigation, mapping, and more. Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. As a market leader, Velodyne has served more than 300 customers including nearly all of the leading global automotive original equipment manufacturers. We are looking for a Staff Mechanical Engineer-FEA at Velodyne LiDAR San Jose to solve exciting thermal, dynamic/static structural and multi-physics problems in the opto-electro-mechanical space.
- As a Staff Mechanical Engineer, you will work directly with a cross functional engineering team to design and develop the highest performance LiDAR sensors to realize future generations of vision systems which are core to scaling vehicle autonomy.
- You will model heat transfer, vibration, structural and electromagnetic aspects of our products and perform Finite Element (FEA) simulations using Ansys or similar software along with empirical validation of models and results.
- You will interpret FEA results, provide physical explanations and drive product solutions.
- You will participate in new product and technology development brainstorming to proactively recommend design changes/directions to meet product performance requirements. You will also use FEA to augment failure analysis.
Preferred Education, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- You have strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems independently, manage workload of multiple projects and ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, ideas and knowledge to other team members.
- Extensive knowledge and proven track record of working on complex electro-mechanical design simulations and analysis. Exposure to optical systems a bonus.
- 5+ years experience in static/dynamic structural, modal and thermal FEA analysis using Ansys or similar software. Experience in CFD, electromagnetic and non-linear analysis preferred.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field plus 6+ years of related experience, or a PhD with 3+ years of related experience.
- Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, RSU, ESPP, Merit bonus to name a few...
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Brewing up the future, today.