Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications. We are seeking an ASIC Test & Characterization Engineer with experience in the assembly and test of complex opto-mechanical and electrical sub-systems.
Velodyne is building industry-leading LiDAR products that are driving the autonomous vehicles revolution. As an internal ASIC Application/Integration Engineer in the ASIC team, you will take ownership for integration of ASICs in Velodyne’s Lidar products, handling the path from bench testing to product integration. You will be the bridge between technical teams, work closely across ASIC, EE and FW teams to drive ASIC integration into products and bring innovative solutions to market.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Cross functional Product Integration: Work with ASIC designers, system architects, product engineers, firmware engineers and product management to understand various features for the final product and drive integration of ASICs into the final product.
- Product Ownership: Work with various stakeholders for a successful product integration. Develop a good working knowledge of the ASICs and be recognized as a credible product owner by engineering and operations teams.
- Product Launch: Serve as a point of contact for ASICs and drive end-to-end integration into the final product in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Communications: Prepare updates and presentations as needed to drive product understanding as well as adoption. Help in datasheet generation and maintenance.
- Deep dive and resolve issues that require good understanding of ASICs. Work with analog, digital, system and firmware teams to create a working prototype
- Design and carry out product validation tests
- Ability to debug at system level involving hardware as well as firmware/software.
- New system bring-up and ability to work in a high-pressure environment
Preferred Education, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- BS degree with 4+ years or MS degree with 2+ years’ experience
- Technical knowledge in hardware engineering (Analog ASICs/SoCs/PCBAs/systems)
- Proficient in the use of scripting languages (Python/Perl).
- Familiarity with common bench test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Experience in opto-electronics (lasers/detectors) or LiDAR a plus
- Previous AE/FAE experience would be ideal.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
The social news and entertainment company.