Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
You will be part of high cross functional team and responsible for rapid prototyping and product development at Velodyne LiDAR’s R&D facility in San Jose.
You will be responsible for developing hardware platforms for LiDARs.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the hardware design including analog, high-speed digital, power transfer, ranging, PCB/FPC layouts, and thermal management. Ideal applicants will possess breadth of knowledge as well as depth into multiple key areas.
You will work directly with Software, FPGA, Mechanical and Optical Engineers to realize future generations products.
Velodyne LiDAR is leading industry in innovation. We have established industry standard for others to follow. This is a key opportunity in system engineering team to develop core engines at the heart of Velodyne products.
- End to end ownership of hardware development for rapid prototyping.
- Architect, develop and design mixed signal and high-speed digital electronics for LiDARs
- Circuit design, analysis, part selection, simulation and schematic capture for LiDAR sensors using laser diodes, photodiodes and TIAs
- Hands-on layout and/or supervision of PCB designer for rigid and flexible circuit designs
- Actively collaborate with FW experts for board bring up.
- Test and debug electrical and system level.
- Design documentation and test procedures
- Work with outside contract houses for PCB/PCBA development as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ experience in board design with mixed signal and digital controller block.
- Experience with OrCAD schematic capture and Allegro PCB layout
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Hands-on development of embedded systems including FPGA/SoC, DRAM, Flash, PMICs, high voltages, motor control and high-speed serial interfaces
- Digital Signal Processing experience is a plus but not required.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.