Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
We are looking for a Technical Solutions Manager located in Shanghai, China to provide our major customers with ‘best in class’ technical solutions and service. In this role, you will assist customers to select the best Velodyne product for their application, support them in finalizing performance specifications, troubleshoot technical issues during product ramp stage and respond rapidly to any technical questions that occur in high volume manufacturing. You will also play a leading role in closing and supporting future service contracts at our high priority accounts.
This is a high visibility role within Velodyne and you will be instrumental in helping our customers deploy Velodyne LiDAR solutions in many emerging applications including self-driving cars, robots, shuttles and UAVs.
- Own the technical contact window to the customer.
- Develop a deep understanding of Velodyne and customer systems and applications, and then recommend optimal combined software and hardware solutions to meet their needs.
- Providing technical support for our customers and their integration of Velodyne LiDAR systems by managing technical support projects for key accounts from inception to completion
- Diagnose and troubleshoot customer technical issues during LiDAR design and deployment, driving these issues rapidly to closure.
- Working closely with the Key Account Managers to support direct key account activities.
- Research and understand competitive product offerings and provide guidance to sales on how to best differentiate Velodyne to win.
- Clearly communicate customer requirements to product marketing and engineering teams in the USA - drives product enhancement.
- Rapidly address general customer technical support inquiries preferably at customer’s facility or via phone/zoom.
- Appropriately escalate unresolved technical issues to appropriate internal teams in the USA.
- Document all relevant customer and technical information in SFDC or other appropriate platform.
- Provide technical support for customer service, product maintenance and RMA activities
- Providing technical training for customers and distributor partners
- Developing and maintaining deep technical and application expertise
- Supporting development of training material, and application notes for customers and sales staff
- 5+ years of work experience in a Field Applications Engineering or customer facing technical role.
- University degree in engineering, computer science, physics or comparable working experience.
- Familiarity with hardware and optical system troubleshooting and signal analysis.
- Experience with new technology demonstration challenges from mounting, cabling, wiring, power & data.
- Excellent problem-solving and customer facing skills with the ability to simplify and explain complex concepts.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Spoken and written English language skills are required, in addition to local language skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- A commitment to customer satisfaction and solution-oriented.
- Must be self-driven, diligent, proactive and detail oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a global team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving team environment and able to effectively organize tasks and projects.
- Willingness to travel regionally, and occasionally to Silicon Valley Headquarters.
- LiDAR experience a plus.
- Software development experience in at least one programming language, such as C++, Python.
- Deeper Knowledge in both Linux, Windows systems, ROS and SLAM experience a plus.
- In depth understanding of LiDAR device, point cloud processing and ROS framework.
- Good understanding of Linux operating system, TCP/IP communication protocol and GPS positioning.
- Ability to write scripts and API interfaces.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!