Velodyne LiDAR is looking for motivated applications and sales support engineers to staff our rapidly expanding Velodyne Lidar Europe operations. The primary role of this position is to support the sales organization as they grow Velodyne Lidar’s revenue and customer base and maintain world-class customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will analyze and solve problems of diverse scope and develop networks within the industry.
Velodyne Lidar is a world-leader in real-time, 3D LiDAR sensors for autonomous driving (ADAS), AGVs, high-resolution 3D mobile mapping, robotic perception, and ITS applications (infrastructure/security/surveillance).
· Provide technical support for our customers and their integration of Velodyne LiDAR systems
· Pre-sales activities include but not limited to: Map Velodyne’s products to customer’s specifications; Conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations
· Answer customer pre-sales and post-sales product solutions and application questions
· Work closely with the Key Account Managers to support direct key account activities
· With general instructions, manage pre and post sales technical support projects for accounts from inception to completion
· Communicate and document unique customer issues to engineering and manufacturing
· With guidance, provide technical training for customers and distributor partners
· Drive product enhancements thorough product management and engineering
· Develop and maintaining deep technical and application expertise
· Support development of training material, and application notes for customers and sales staff
· University degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineering, automotive engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, or comparable working experience
· LiDAR experience a plus
· Software development experience in at least one programming language, such as C++, Python
· Deeper Knowledge in both Linux, Windows systems, ROS and SLAM experience a plus
· Position will be based in Rüsselsheim, Germany. Fluency in the location language and English required.
· Ability to simplify and explain complex concepts
· Strong project management skills
· A commitment to customer satisfaction and solution-oriented
· Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive, and detail-oriented
· Team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a global team environment
· Develop ability to work independently in a fast-moving team environment and able to effectively organize tasks and projects
· Willingness to travel regionally, and occasionally to Silicon Valley Headquarters
· Class B driving license
· Eligibility to work in Germany
What we offer you:
· Exciting and fast-paced environment on an international team with one of the fastest growing and in-demand technologies in the world
· The opportunity to develop your career with a Silicon Valley technical leader at the regional and global level
· Competitive salary & bonus structure
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.