Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
You will be part of high cross functional team and responsible for rapid prototyping and product development at Velodyne LiDAR’s R&D facility in San Jose.
We are looking for engineer with advanced expertise in signal analysis for real world application in sensing. You should have strong understanding of DSP with relevant mathematical background. Preferably hands-on experience in developing algorithms for RADAR/Sensing like application. You will be responsible for developing signal processing and target detection algorithms.
Velodyne LiDAR is leading industry in innovation. We have established industry standard for others to follow. This is a key opportunity in system engineering team to develop core engines at the heart of Velodyne products.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Lead the research, design, optimize and evaluate signal processing algorithms for sensing using spectral analysis techniques, filtering, search, estimation and detection methods, linear and nonlinear compensation.
- Develop Matlab/Python models to assess system. Perform performance and parametric analysis.
- Perform hands-on integration, debug and evaluate efficacy of DSP algorithms
- Document algorithms and results. Communicate with cross functional team to understand constraints and clearly spell out input/output requirements for algorithms.
- Work with cross functional team to draw requirements and able to negotiate implementation tradeoffs objectively.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- MS or PhD with strong emphasis on DSP or Sensing.
- 8+ years of technical experience with signal analysis algorithms for applications involving real world signals for detection, ranging or tracking.
- Strong DSP, analytical and mathematical background.
- Proficient in Matlab
- Strong appetite to explore new ideas and problem solving.
Preferred Education, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Expert in Radar LFM/FMCW signal processing for sensing and ranging
- Background in Verilog implementation in FPGA
- Experience in high-level algorithmic modeling in Matlab
- Exposure to optical devices
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one