Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications
As a part of the backend team for Velodyne’s software group, you will be responsible for developing our software infrastructure, and building new products and features. If you enjoy building new products from the ground up this is the role for you!
Specific Job Requirements:
- Take part in maintaining and developing Velodyne's software and software infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other teams to build and integrate end-to-end automated solutions.
- Contribute to and be responsible for maintenance, optimization, stability and monitoring of production environments.
- Teamwork, strong communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
Required Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of related experience
- Scripting, networks, Linux, CI/CD and related tools and processes
- AWS and AWS APIs, CLI tools, clients
- Networks and network related tools and security: Ethernet, TPC/IP(v4/v6), Firewalls, proxies, loadbalancers, DNS, SSH, VPN etc.
- Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu.
- GIT and source control management tools such as Bitbucket, GitHub.
- CI/CD and related tools and methodologies such as: Jenkins, Gradle, Artifactory / Nexus.
- Good scripting and code writing skills with Python, Bash.
- Experience with AWS: Lambda, CloudFormation, S3, VPC, RDS, Route53, EC2, IoT, CloudFront etc.
- AWS multiple region deployment, backup automation, disaster recovery.
- Docker and related tools such as Docker-compose, Docker registry.
- Web technologies, web security and related tools and methodologies: HTTP2, REST, SSO etc
- Building Android apps
- Kotlin, Groovy
- Experience with monitoring tools and frameworks
- Testing and web-testing frameworks: PyTest, Selenium, Cypress
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Brewing up the future, today.