Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
Velodyne Lidar is looking for PCB layout Design Engineer at Velodyne Lidar Bangalore. You will be part of high cross functional team and responsible for rapid prototyping and product development at Velodyne. You will be responsible for developing hardware platforms for LiDARs.
As a PCB layout Design Engineer at Velodyne Lidar you will be part of the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and Flexible Printed Circuit Board (FPC) design team. Layout design of FPGA, high-speed digital, ADC, DACs, Amplifiers, fast switching current sources, DRAM, Flash, PMICs, high voltages, motor control and high-speed serial interfaces along with many other commonly used parts in electrical design are called for.
Stack up design for good SI, PI and thermal management while optimizing the manufacturing cost
Design to conform 2D/3D Mechanical constraints.
Velodyne Lidar is leading industry in innovation. We have established industry standard for others to follow. This is a key opportunity in Electrical engineering team to develop core engines at the heart of Velodyne products. Velodyne Lidar is growing in Bangalore as we bring autonomous mobility to the mass market. Take advantage of this opportunity to carve out a significant role in this rapidly growing industry!
Specific Job Requirements
- Design symbols and footprint library for use in layout and central library.
- PCB and FPC layout design to meet our quick turnaround objectives for prototype and volume manufacturing.
- Documentation of constraints and other inputs used during the design cycle
- 2D and 3D model generation for Mechanical fit checks
- Extraction of the model for signal, power integrity simulation and verification.
- Proficiency in PLM tools like Arena.
- Work with outside contract houses for PCB/PCBA development as needed
Required Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with OrCAD schematic capture and Allegro PCB layout
- Managing PCB and FPC design to fabrication process.
- Experienced with HDI technology.
- Stack up proposal for single or multiple lamination PCBs
- Generation of Gerber files Fab house.
- Assembly drawings and other collaterals for building PCBAs
- In depth understanding of IPC standards and its usage
- Experience in Automotive PCB, FPC design
- Collaboration with PCB fab and assembly house for continuous improvements to achieve the best yield.
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of Automotive standards for reliability and safety compliance
- Experience of working with automotive Tier-1’s or major OEMs
- Work experience with offshore fab and assembly house
- Prior Collaboration with Contract manufacturer
- Generation and maintenance of parts library
- Parts and Library management – Cadence tools like CIS/CIP
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Help the world share their story