Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
As a Staff FPGA Design Engineer at Velodyne Lidar in San Jose, you will contribute directly to our advanced product design and demonstrate your existing expertise in FPGA development. You should have hands-on experience with using FPGAs in real-world products and a proven ability to implement digital logic solutions for practical applications.
You will be an important member of the Firmware Engineering team and our overall R&D engineering organization, collaborating daily with a highly skilled group of mechanical, electrical, optical, and algorithm engineers. This role involves ownership of well-defined product features and provides an opportunity to highlight your design skills and create a path for growth into even greater responsibility and visibility within the company.
- Independently develop product features on an FPGA
- Implement complex digital signal processing and control logic in RTL
- Perform hands-on debug and characterization of hardware
- Actively participate in code reviews and maintain design components
- Support complex projects to meet technology, performance, and schedule objectives
- Timely deliver reliable, manufacturable, and cost-effective solutions for productization
- Work in cross-functional teams to deliver product-level features and requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
- Highly proficient in Verilog/SystemVerilog for synthesis and simulation
- Highly proficient in physical design (timing closure, floorplanning, etc.) for FPGAs
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment for hardware bringup and characterization
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with major vendor simulation tools (Questa, VCS, or similar)
- Experience in embedded programming in C
- Experience in high-level programming/scripting in Python
- Experience in high-level algorithmic modeling in Matlab
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.