Velodyne Lidar is a Silicon Valley-based lidar technology company, headquartered in San Jose, California. The company designs, and manufactures lidar sensors to mobility industry customers for testing and commercial use in autonomous vehicles, advanced driver assistance systems, mapping, robotics, infrastructure and smart city applications. We have a Senior Counsel, or depending on experience, a Director position available in the Velodyne Legal Department.
Specific Job Description:
This position will report to the head of Commercial Transactions in the Legal Department. This role will support a variety of legal matters worldwide, including:
- Serve as counsel for the corporate procurement business unit.
- Provide legal and strategic business support to all functions including Global Supply Chain, R&D, IT, Human Resources, Recruitment, Finance and Facilities Departments.
- Review, prepare and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including SAAS licenses, consulting agreements, real estate leases, equipment loan and purchases, statements of work, etc. with suppliers, services providers and other business partners
- Provide timely and effective legal advice on a variety of matters, including commercial and contracts law, software licenses, and data security
- Develop and support process improvement initiatives to deliver more efficient and effective legal support
- Support compliance, litigation and special projects as needed
Required Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- JD from an accredited law school and current member in good standing with the California Bar
- 4-10 years of relevant experience, preferably a combination of law firm and in house experience
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- Solid contracts review, drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and comfortable with interactions with senior management as well as rank and file colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and ability to balance business needs with legal risks and to partner with business functions to provide sound legal advice and achieve corporate objectives
- Comfortable working across multiple cultures and time zones to support global operations
- Embraces ownership & accountability and models ethical business behavior and decision making
- Collaborative and builds rapport with internal and internal business partners
- A strong individual contributor who thrives in a fast-paced environment balancing multiple priorities while performing high quality legal work
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.