Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career developing the latest software tools and methods to test the state of the art in LiDAR technology, we have the position for you!
Our team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual with strong in-depth knowledge of software methodologies. In this position you will develop new test solutions for system testing of R&D and production products. You will be individually responsible for new key projects and tasked to develop, enhance, and manage software testing solutions for our state-of-the-art LiDAR sensors.
Specific Job Requirements:
You will be responsible for develop and maintaining in-house software used to test Velodyne LiDAR sensors.
- You will work closely with multidisciplinary teams to improve existing test solutions and processes to develop new software tools for testing next generation LiDAR products.
- Your tasks will Includes providing ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms.
- Work closely with all business units to understand and own the product test requirements.
- Use your expertise to participate and lead development in annual improvement initiatives.
Required Education and Experience Requirements:
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of related (C++ or Python) experience
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- Strong proficiency preferred in C++ or Python and object-oriented design skills.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle,
- Experienced in coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Proficiency and disciplined in using issue tracking and source control tools such as Git, Bamboo/Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket or equivalent.
- Experience in deploying software across a variety of platforms and operating systems. Working on multi-platform environments such as Windows andUnix/Linux would be a plus
- Experience working with test measurement equipment, robotic automation, and optical systems is a plus.
Velodyne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or to any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.
About us Founded in 1983 and based in Silicon Valley, Velodyne LiDAR, Inc. is a technology company known worldwide for its real-time LiDAR sensors. The company evolved after founder/inventor David Hall developed the HDL-64 Solid-State Hybrid LiDAR sensor in 2005. Since then, Velodyne LiDAR has emerged as the leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of 3D real-time perception systems used in a variety of commercial applications including autonomous vehicles, vehicle safety systems, 3D mobile mapping, 3D aerial mapping, and security
Want to learn more about Velodyne? Visit Velodyne's website.
File hosting service