Product Manager, Customer Experience
Venmo, San Francisco, CA
Simple and fun way to send and receive money between friends
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Product at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
As a product manager with Venmo you will be part of the Product Development team where you will work closely with designers and engineers to help our users make simple, delightful, and connected payments.
We spend our days advancing Venmo’s mobile payments platform to exceed our users’ wants and needs, including those they haven’t yet articulated. We are data-driven by nature and guided by human-centered design principles. We learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We're never completely done.
Product Manager, Customer Experience
Venmo has millions of customers and we want to make that experience better every day.
We want you to be a tactical driver of the Experience Product team by helping us craft the perfect customer experience. You will help us succeed by building what our customers want, keeping them in love with Venmo month after month. We need a roll up the sleeves product manager who has a keen interest in perfecting the journey and balancing the trade-off between engagement, revenue and costs.
Your day will be filled with executing the roadmap by crafting the experiences that will make our product easier to use which leads to deeper engagement. This is a unique role that balances customer desires, business requirements, legal/compliance, growth and cost cutting.
On day one, you will be an individual contributor paired with a Senior product manager and will help define and execute the product strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Help shape the roadmap and execute it
- Identify opportunities that grow revenue, cut costs and maximize customer retention
- Own writing requirements, acceptance criteria, and drawing UML diagrams for all the products you ship
- Understand the impact of each new feature and be able to articulate the value relative to customer experience vs opportunity cost
- Prioritize and plan the backlog to align the work for future sprints
- Work with a cross-functional group of people that includes design, copy, data, and engineering
- Work with the research team to setup and analyze qualitative research that helps inform our decisions
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 3 years as a Product Manager or a UX Designer
- Know how to layout a roadmap
- Analyze, quantify, and articulate trade-offs of what you are building
- Superb writer
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Deep attention to detail; desire to collaborate on new processes for efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and still hit core responsibilities and key deadlines
- Know how to collaborate and tactically work with senior leaders that are stakeholders on your projects
- Ability to quickly build consensus
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Former UX designer
- Experience in Sketch/Lucid Chart
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Amplitude and Looker
- Worked at a startup that reached 500K customers or you have built consumer-facing products in market from scratch for a large company
- Experience in banking or payments
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user testing
Venmo was founded in 2009 by two former college roommates who wanted a better way to pay each other back. What started off as a simple SMS platform to send and receive money has evolved into a social payments app allowing people to split bills, pay each other back for rent, and make purchases at approved merchants - all the while making these life stories more fun and less awkward. Venmo is owned by PayPal.
At Venmo, we're working to build a payment experience that's simple, delightful, and connected. Fueled by an abundance of snacks, locally sourced cold brew, and each other, our team solves exciting new challenges every day. Venmo's mission is to change people's relationships with money and each other. And it's working - people love using Venmo but we're not done yet. We want the magic of sending money with Venmo to be in every place you use it. There's still much more to do!
Want to learn more about Venmo? Visit Venmo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Beam Solutions, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Autonomous Vehicle Simulation
Lyft, Palo Alto
Squarespace Circle Coordinator
Squarespace, New York, NY
Senior Product Manager-Software
Product Owner / Product Manager (m/f/d)
Enterprise Marketing & Engagement Director
HealthTap, Mountain View